Sept 5th iPods see the end of the U2 iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by acearchie, Aug 29, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

If we do get new ipods sept 5th do you reckon it will be the end of the U2 ipods???

I dont know how popular they are but they have never really been in the limelight and this would be a good oppurtunity for apple to silently and discretely end there lives!

But I think a beatles iPod would be much appreciated!

2. ds252 macrumors regular

Yeah when i first heard about the u2 ipods i thought it was a really dumb idea but i suppose if they sell any it's good for them because they're like 30 dollars more then the regular one...i don't see why people buy them.

3. raptor96 macrumors regular

Weren't they like $100 more when they first came out? I too have always wondered who would really pay more for a color. But then they came out with the Blackbook and those people materialized in droves.

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Maybe they'll kill U2 iPods and make a U2 iPhone :p

5. saxman macrumors 6502

I believe the U2 iPod also came with all of the band's songs - which accounts for some of the price increase. I think the band's signatures were also on the back. But I may be mistaken

6. saxman macrumors 6502

Actually the current U2 iPod has the band's signatures and an exclusive video. Maybe an earlier incarnation included all of their songs. Or I could just be making it all up (-;

7. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

You were able to get The Complete U2 for a discount, lots of rare stuff.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I've always been under the impression that the U2 iPod hasn't sold well. The colors are rather ugly together in my opinion (red scroll wheel no thank you! :p ) I wouldn't be surprised if it got discontinued, it's all up in the air right now.

9. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

No offence to all the U2 fans out there but as a teenager you may be seen as a bit of a loser if all your friends are listening to their hip hop and rap and your stuck with your U2 ipod! :-b

Just a thought

10. Matto1020 macrumors member

Matto1020

No offense to you teenagers out there but perhaps one day you will learn to have your own tastes in music instead of "following the crowd."

Just a thought.

11. appledrummer macrumors member

That's what i say to all my friends! I'm 13 and U2 is my favorite band. rock on U2!

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never really seen the appeal of the U2 iPod, and I'm a fan!

I'd either like to see the U2 iPod go or other musicians (perhaps those on this rumoured Apple 'superlabel') to have flavoured iPods.

13. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i hate people who follow the crowd...my sister is like that and it annoys the crap out of me. 90% of music made these days is crap!!

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

What ever happened to that Harry Potter flavoured iPod?

15. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hey! All right calm down! when I said no offence I meant it, and I was telling the truth, at least at my school if you would walk around school with your 'U2' iPod you would be classed outside the popular group!

I myself have a varied selective taste in music personalised to me and no one else!

And this is in the UK!

If you think about it, if Apple produced more than one 'flavoured' ipod, there ipod selection may provide to varied and it would cost more to produce say 5 different coloured models than 1 model all the same colour!

16. phelim macrumors newbie

about the beatle iPod thing....i found this on the net:

Attached Files:

17. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I like the idea but it looks like a mock up! Not that hard to produce in photoshop and I reckon Apple would do it with a little more sophistication in the software! ie more effects etc...

But the beatles iPod could be in the pipeline as everyone has been waiting for it all this time!

18. phelim macrumors newbie

you could even make it in pages....but the actual font that apple use is the interesting thing (myriad set), its hard to get it

19. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hard to get but not impossible! Its not actually that hard if you look in the right places!

20. phelim macrumors newbie

well, yeah, i just 'accidentally' got a copy of it from the iDisk of an apple store employee i know

21. phelim macrumors newbie

wow, one of my posts in this thread actually got to no.7 in google when you serch for 'myriad set'. in like a day, thats pretty impressive, and also amazing that there arent more mentions of myriad set

Attached Files:

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Maybe they'll just do us a favor and kill U2 :D

23. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I honestly had no idea the U2 iPod was still for sale. ...And it took me about 5 minutes to find it.

24. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

WoW! I didnt actually think I would be right! Wohoo!

Anyone want to pat me on the back or shall i just do it myself?? ha!