September 10th is the day

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I think we will see that long-awaited video-conferencing software from Apple. Think about it:
Phil Schiller is keynoting Seybold at 10:00 AM on September 10th in SF.
Steve Jobs is keynoting MWParis at 10:00 AM on September 10th in France.

What better way to roll out a new product than on two continents at the same time, LIVE. If I am wrong, then it would have at least been a cool idea for Apple to do this I think.

My 2¢

gus

Skandranon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2002
North Carolina
And what better way to introduce a new videoconferencing software package...

... than to announce the all new, 1-GHz PowerBook with a brand new enclosure, portable SuperDrive, DDR, faster bus and ATI Radeon 9000!

(obviously dreaming) :)

Comment

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Do you mean the time change?

As I understood it from Apple's website, the times for the keynote were not local times, but U.S. Pacific time. My bad if I am wrong.

Gus

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The times mentioned for Siebold seem to be PST - but they don't say exactly anywhere.

The Paris MacWolrd - Tuesday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. CET so that would not be possible without some sort of time warping like Rower said.

It would be cool though....

D

Comment

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
That would be a pretty sweet show off. I'd watch it anyway. I'd like an iApp video conference. I think the way to dothis would be taking advantage of the firewire and letting people use there DV cams as web cams. USB version for the little pod cams would be nice, but Why would I want a litle cam if I already have a real one.

Comment

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Maybe this is the point, Apple "iTimewarp", they'll use the video conference to demonstate the technology then anounce they've solved the problem of latency forever by moving audio & video back in time before it's even played, core audio will be the standard all standards are judged by and the "iTimeWarp" enabled quicktime streaming server will take over all forms of digital broadcasting because nothing else will compete with it :D

Of course maybe they'll release new TiBooks.

Comment

Gaz

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by barkmonster
Maybe this is the point, Apple "iTimewarp"
Does this involve people dressing in leather and all dancing along to Richard O'Brian?? Now that would be cool!

Comment

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by Gaz

Does this involve people dressing in leather and all dancing along to Richard O'Brian?? Now that would be cool!
...it's just a jump to the left...

Comment

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
if you had a choice between...

1. PowerMac G5 using IBM's new Power-lite 2.0 ghz with the FSB running at 400 mhz, firewire 2, Airport 2, and 2-button mouse

2. Dual 1 ghz G4 Powerbook with the ATI Radeon Mobility 9000

3. iTimeWarp

...which would you choose?

Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by dongmin
if you had a choice between...

1. PowerMac G5 using IBM's new Power-lite 2.0 ghz with the FSB running at 400 mhz, firewire 2, Airport 2, and 2-button mouse

2. Dual 1 ghz G4 Powerbook with the ATI Radeon Mobility 9000

3. iTimeWarp

...which would you choose?
Somehow I don't think we'll see Dual proc Powerbooks until we get two CPU cores on one chip. This has to do with the small space in a notebook computer for components and cooling issues.

Comment

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yeah, the implications are pretty cool, two keynotes in one day. My guesses for new announcements...

Release of iCal
Release of iSync
Release of new iChat upgrade
10.2.1 update
New displays
New iBook

Stay tuned...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.