September Screenshot Thread!

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
here we go again...

can anyone tell me why the shortcut cmd+shift+3 is causing color distortion?? i had to retake it with grab for it to be right.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Here we go again... Heheheheh! I love this kind of threads! But what i do like most is the setup ones.

ok here you have my desktop for September ( Im still on OS X.1... My copy of Jaguar will arrive tomorrow!!!)

Attachments

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I am not running Jaguar right now, but I do have a modified version of the desktop pic that I borrowed from one of you guys reading this (I forget who exactly). I used Transparent Dock, as most others probably did, and I used TinkerTool to modify the font for the clock.

It's Myriad! :p

Attachments

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
currently the only computer in our house that is functional is my brothers slot-loading imac running 9.2

here's a screenshot.

my dad picked out the background....not my cup of tea....

Attachments

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by hitman
currently the only computer in our house that is functional is my brothers slot-loading imac running 9.2

here's a screenshot.

my dad picked out the background....not my cup of tea....
Is that Time by Culture club playing? If so too wierd, because that is what is playing on mine right now as I look at this thread. Random playlist too. too funny.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by hitman

so what does your wife say about that? :D :cool:
I'm only 18, and still *thankfully* not married and so can enjoy lifes little perks ;) :D
...such as these wallpapers....boy do I love dual screens!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
OK I think I fugured this one out.
The Reasons an Apple+Shift+3 Picture distorts color, is it is taken for Print. I converts the RGB of your screen into CMYK, Thus loosing many of the vibrant screen Colors of True Blue and True Red.
However, an Apple+Shift+4 Screen Capture takes the picture for digital use, there for no conversion occurs. Saving Colors like the Blue of My desktop from turning Purple.

BTW: Could Someone Point me in the direction of a reliable way to have a completely transparent dock. I've tried three different things and they have all not worked.

Attachments

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
y'all have some nice desktops.

Do you tend to change them monthly? when mood strikes you? Any one use the scrolling desktop feature in Jag yet?

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Moxiemike
y'all have some nice desktops.

Do you tend to change them monthly? when mood strikes you? Any one use the scrolling desktop feature in Jag yet?
I am using the "Change the desktop picture once per minute" feature of jaguar. I don't know about the scrolling desktop feature. (i don't believe that it exists)

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by peterjhill

I am using the "Change the desktop picture once per minute" feature of jaguar. I don't know about the scrolling desktop feature. (i don't believe that it exists)
that's what I meant. :D Sorry for the confusion.

To me change=-scroll through. :D

YEa. i used it for about ten minutes one day, but it distracts the heck outta me editing photos.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
explains itself.
i'm not one for patriotism myself, but when i see folks from elsewhere supporting america it's kinda cool. mainly cause it's rare. and the fact that i barely support it and i'm american. ha

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by Backtothemac

Is that Time by Culture club playing? If so too wierd, because that is what is playing on mine right now as I look at this thread. Random playlist too. too funny.
nope, sorry.

it is a remix of one of enya's songs.

the original was called "only time."