Serial race hustler Sharptom threatens to leave USA is Trump elected

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Feb 25, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

A promise or a threat ?
    Would seem to make little difference, obviously this career race hustler is going nowhere when Trump is elected - I'm sure he'll miss the VIP treatment he gets from the current race hustler in charge.

Islamic radicals and muslims in general hate him
    China hates him
    Mexicans hate him
    Now Sharpton

Those are some pretty ringing endorsements if you ask me.

````````````````

Al Sharpton might 'get out of here' if Trump wins

Rev. Al Sharpton told attendees at a Center for American Progress Action Fund event Thursday he would flee the country if Donald Trump won the election, in order to avoid being deported by Trump.

Sharpton, a Democrat, had positive feedback for many of the Republican presidential candidates until he got to Trump.

"If Donald Trump is the nominee, I'm open to support anyone [else], while I'm also reserving my ticket to get out of here if he wins, only because he'd probably have me deported anyway," Sharpton told attendees, who responded in laughter.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/al-sharpton-might-get-out-of-here-if-trump-wins/article/2584260

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

People starting that nonsense again? Same thing was said about Obama and Bush.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Well, Hallelujah.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Might be the best reason yet to vote for him.

6. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

i feel like you just sit around fantasizing about black people all day; seems to be all that you talk about

7. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

You already said that in another thread, if a thread with blacks as topics bothers you so much I'd suggest you don't click, simple.

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Well, getting Sharpton to leave the country would likely be on the short list of Trumps accomplishments.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Someone famous somewhere always touts they will leave if person X wins the election. How often does it happen? Pretty much never.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

If Ted Cruz wins, I will leave...

...To get a latte.

11. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

Gerard Depardieu? I guess he didn't announce prior to election though. There must be another but I can't think of them. Well there is this... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/opinion/sunday/promises-but-from-voters.html?_r=0 ...looks like your assessment of pretty much never holds true.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Sharpton was the first race hustler I recall to stage a hoax for publicity a long time ago. That makes Sharpton a racial arsonist, as it does anyone who schemes and takes part in it. Unfortunately, the practice remains in current times, even with educated blacks taking a stab at it. No problem? Then create one. Simple.

This is the kind of thing done to comedic effect in The Three Stooges. They played bug exterminators in one episode. They visited a rich socialite's house to sell the service and covertly planted bugs in advance of a dinner party, only to come back in the thick of it and be seen as a welcome relief.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So long Al. We'll miss you, said no on ever.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I was sorely disappointed when Alec Baldwin didn't leave after bush was elected.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The last 15 years, celebrities and actors and other phonies have all threatened to leave if Candidate X won...

Yet they didn't leave.

Next, please.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I doubt he will do it, just like most of those people didn't however neither Bush nor Obama were anywhere near as openly racist as Trump. If I were a minority I'd certainly be looking into my options to leave if Trump gets elected.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I listened to Glen Thrush interview Al Sharpton and when it came to The Donald, Al mentioned they'd known each other for thirty years. While I wouldn't say they sounded like buddies, Al spoke with a certain amount of respect and was loath to criticize Trump too severely. It was obvious on a personal level Al likes Trump. And why wouldn't he? They're both brash, bombastic, big-mouthed New Yorkers.

18. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

Enticing offer, but I'm still not voting for Trump.

19. Huntn, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Serial race hustler Sharptom threatens to leave USA if Trump elected...At least I know how you feel about him. I'd describe him as an advocate.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Trump could be the greatest president ever. Why would you want to leave the country?

21. sim667 macrumors 65816

He doesn't like black or gay people.

Wait for the stream of consciousness ranting thread when he discovers RuPaul, its going to be epic.

22. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Lol, good one - And hillary is a nice, caring old lady, Obama an impartial patriot.

Any more ??

23. Huntn, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

Huntn Suspended

Huntn

What measuring stick you using? The great thing that I do see is his BS quotient. :)

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I think Sharpton is an advocate personally and says some things worth listening to, but given Tawana Brawley, his credibility will always be worth questioning.

25. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

We can sling out passive adjectives like "advocate" or, "community organizer" or "activist" all day long - His forte is, was and always will be stirring up racial tensions to keep his name in the spotlight.
    Has he ever promoted a legit, worthy cause ? Probably has, but his cheap theatrics as a shameless race pimp kinda dilutes any good the man might have done.

He is also a bonafide snitch and a major tax fraud, it amazes me he has any credibility at all until I am reminded who his target audience is.

I'd say Jesse Jackson is more legit than him, though that isn't saying very much. I used to respect him as an intelligent, measured man until he apparently noticed Sharpton hogging the race card industry spotlight whereupon he started copying his mindless race baiting strategy to get his face on the nightly news.