Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
looking for a recommended glass protection that gives me a good value for my money. I usually go for Spigen products for my iPhone X because you can’t tell when its on. Unfortunately they don’t seem to have anything for the Apple Watch Series 4 yet.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
looking for a recommended glass protection that gives me a good value for my money. I usually go for Spigen products for my iPhone X because you can’t tell when its on. Unfortunately they don’t seem to have anything for the Apple Watch Series 4 yet.

I would suggest looking at armor suit screen protectors, I believe they are available for the Series 4, which are currently on Amazon. Quite a few members have used these on their Apple watches and Have been pleased with them.

brentc133

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
I would suggest looking at armor suit screen protectors, I believe they are available for the Series 4, which are currently on Amazon. Quite a few members have used these on their Apple watches and Have been pleased with them.

Also IQ Shieldz have them for series 4 and getting great reviews on Amazon.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I had very good results with ArmorSuit with my S3. Gotta say, though, eventually the feel of it really put me over the edge and I went back to bare glass. And had no scratches a year later...YMMV!

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
I bought a 6-pack of Tauri screen protectors from Amazon to put on my 40mm Nike Series 4:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8XH4CQ/

They are OK, but I have two complaints:

- Edges keep coming up. Last night I tried to install the second one after the first one had one corner come up (bottom right). Today I picked up the watch and pretty much 3 out of 4 edges came up. Sigh. Note that I am quite familiar with protector installations (I always install them myself on all our phones). Maybe I need to force dry it with hairdryer when I install it to ensure edges stay down after installation? I will have to keep trying because once I go to rock climbing gym, chalk will get under those edges and it will look horrific.

- I dislike the film smudgy-ness. I really do. I am hoping that Zagg or someone will come out with a glass (as in 'made of glass') protector; I'd definitely get that.

Bosechris

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
I had very good results with ArmorSuit with my S3. Gotta say, though, eventually the feel of it really put me over the edge and I went back to bare glass. And had no scratches a year later...YMMV!

Hello.
Wich Watch are you using alu or steel ?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have an IQ Shieldz protector on mine. I’ve only had it on a week, but so far, so good. It’s a 6-pack for under $8, so even if I have to replace it a couple times it won’t be a big deal.

Reactions: BigCanoe

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I bought a 6-pack of Tauri screen protectors from Amazon to put on my 40mm Nike Series 4:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8XH4CQ/

They are OK, but I have two complaints:

- Edges keep coming up. Last night I tried to install the second one after the first one had one corner come up (bottom right). Today I picked up the watch and pretty much 3 out of 4 edges came up. Sigh. Note that I am quite familiar with protector installations (I always install them myself on all our phones). Maybe I need to force dry it with hairdryer when I install it to ensure edges stay down after installation? I will have to keep trying because once I go to rock climbing gym, chalk will get under those edges and it will look horrific.

- I dislike the film smudgy-ness. I really do. I am hoping that Zagg or someone will come out with a glass (as in 'made of glass') protector; I'd definitely get that.

The Armor ones don't have these issues.

Reactions: robotica

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Series 4 coming tomorrow and have already received an Armor Suit for it. There is a product specifically for the S4. With my S2 I've used RhinoGear and they've been great. They also make a version specifically for S4. Either of those would be my recommendations.

I had a RhinoGear last me well over 6 months without peeling whatsoever. I replaced it because it did it's job and took some hits. The screen on my S2 is in perfect condition.

Bosechris

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
I could you put pictures of those 2 protections : rhinogear and armor suit ?
Thanks.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I could you put pictures of those 2 protections : rhinogear and armor suit ?
Thanks.

Here you go. Both are available on Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 318

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
And the Armorsuit goes on the same way? More like a skin?

Yep it's a skin and covers pretty much edge to edge and in that regard better than the coverage I got with RhinoGear on my Series 2 AW. I have RhinoGear coming for my Series 4 and when it comes time to replace the ArmorSuit I'll report back on the differences in coverage.

https://www.armorsuit.com/pages/installation-apple-watch

With the RhinoGear kit I bought it was pretty much just the skins (6), a microfiber cloth and squeegee. The directions were kind of poor but I've applied enough skins to know how to do it. Wet fingers, peel the skin, apply solution to both sides ( I used dish soap & water mixture) and then apply. The ArmorSuit kit only has 2 skins but includes a spray solution, a much better squeegee and good instructions with a link to the video I posted earlier.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I think my only gripe with the IQ Shield is that it doesn’t cover all the way down to the aluminum case. It covers far enough that I don’t think scratching would be an issue, but I can feel the edges, and I think it’ll wind up coming off more easily because of where the edges are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.