Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
So I have the Series 6 Graphite and the Series 5 Titanium. For me, the Series 6 Stainless is really cool but uncomfortable for everyday wear. I purchased the Titanium off someone for $450. Bought the Series 6 for about $800 after apple care plus and taxes. Wondering what anyone thinks if I should either return the Series 6 and keep the Titanium or keep Series 6 and try and sell the Titanium off?

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
The only real difference between the Series 5 and Series 6 is the addition of the Blood Oxygen monitor and the brighter screen. The processor is a little faster but the watch doesn't take full advantage of the extra speed and the 5 and SE have the same processor. Titanium will be more durable overtime, it is also lighter and that is a better deal. I would return the 6 and save the extra money. I just bought a graphite 6 for myself but if I could have gotten a Ti 5 for that price that would have been my first choice. You can also use the money you are saving for a nice band or two.

Reactions: QCassidy352

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Go Graphite if you prefer a glossy, dark finish. And natural Titanium if you prefer a lighter, more matte, brushed finish that also has a bit of shine in the sun. Titanium is also lighter on the wrist, making it more comfortable. However, Stainless Steel in my opinion has the edge in looking more distinct from the entry-level aluminium.

I’d be paying more attention to the fact that one is a Series 5 and one is a Series 6, its not an equal comparison truly then - Series 6 has faster charging, faster processor, blood oxygen monitoring, and a brighter 2nd gen AOD. Series 5 has the same chip as 2018’s Series 4.

In my opinion, you should also try both of the watches you have with your existing band collection if you have any and see which watch matches more with what you have.

BUT, if this were a comparison between Series 5 Ceramic and Series 6 Graphite, I’d probably point to Ceramic if it were in price range, because unlike the Titanium, Ceramic isn’t available for Series 6 and in fact theoretically may never return in a future Apple Watch so you’d really have that edge of exclusivity of a recent-gen special edition Watch

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
What do you mean uncomfortable? I have the stainless steel and it’s very comfortable. I don’t feel if it’s even there on my wrist
The stainless steel watch is thicker than the other apple watches for some reason and I have a bad wrist from when I broke it a few years back. Been wearing an Apple Watch since they came out and used to the aluminum. But I think I'm getting used to the stainless now.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
The SS isn’t thicker. As far as the weight it’s a non factor for me. It’s so similar that I don’t notice. I swap out bands a lot and by far that has the most impact on weight and comfort, not the case.

But I would keep the titanium at 450 unless you don’t like the look of it. Honestly though no one is going to notice the finish of the watch but you, so go for what you like.

Reactions: schlupps

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
The SS isn’t thicker. As far as the weight it’s a non factor for me. It’s so similar that I don’t notice. I swap out bands a lot and by far that has the most impact on weight and comfort, not the case.

But I would keep the titanium at 450 unless you don’t like the look of it. Honestly though no one is going to notice the finish of the watch but you, so go for what you like.
It is slightly thicker on the wrist compared to the other watches though...
Titanium S5 at $450, IMO.
& return the graphite SS Series 6?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What do you mean uncomfortable? I have the stainless steel and it’s very comfortable. I don’t feel if it’s even there on my wrist

I agree. The problem is with those who say ‘it’s not comfortable‘, #1 haven’t adjusted to the weight and #2, they probably don’t have the appropriate band fitting where the watch is snug not on the wrist, and it slides around. The most common response of others using ‘it’s not comfortable’, are those upgrading from the aluminum to the stainless.

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
I agree. The problem is with those who say ‘it’s not comfortable‘, #1 haven’t adjusted to the weight and #2, they probably don’t have the appropriate band fitting where the watch is snug not on the wrist, and it slides around. The most common response of others using ‘it’s not comfortable’, are those upgrading from the aluminum to the stainless.
Ya, I understand that, but it's not the weight that's affecting me. Think I'll just try and get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.