Seriously, if you return iPhone 4, what other phone are you going to use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Jul 19, 2010.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

The apple antenna youtube video cracks me up.

That part about (I am paraphrasing here). "If you don't like it, return it, but we know you won't"

That's why I think so many people are pissed off about the iPhone4. They really love the phone but hate it at the same time. It's like an ex you keep on breaking up with but come back to in a day or so.

But honestly people what other phone are you going to get? I must upgrade every 12 months. I have a 99.99 ATT plan and I am the primary line. I must get an upgrade every 12 months to keep my upgrade cycle going. If I wait 6 months to upgrade, than that sets my 12 months upgrade cycle back.

I already have a Samsung Vibrant (galaxy S super Android phone). I already have a Blackberry Bold 9700. And I already have a Nokia E71.

I am keeping my iPhone 4. It won't be my primary phone. It may slide in at slot number 3 of my 4 phone rotation. I will just keep it as a backup on my ATT line while I slide my Bold 9700 up to my primary line on ATT. And I will use the Samsung Vibrant as my multimedia phone on my Tmobile line.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Why would I want to be on AT&T network without an iphone 4? I am keeping it. I just need to find a way to solve this issue. Either use the bumper or MARCH to apple headquarters.

3. xtend macrumors regular

i'm keeping my iP4

If i'd return i'd use the second best phone there is after the iP4: the 3GS :D
    :apple:

4. Chilla Frilla macrumors member

Chilla Frilla

The iPhone is the only reason most people are on AT&T. I'd switch to Verizon in a heartbeat otherwise. :p

5. mangohippo macrumors member

If I was to return my iPhone I would go to sprint and get an evo. I live in a wimax area so I'd be taking advantage of that network. I had the evo for two weeks and enjoyed the phone a lot, but android lacks in the app department and I'm not a fan of HTC's build quality.

Neverthless, I love my iPhone and have no intention on returning it.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

i was looking at the Captivate. But I heard its slow and that on top of the Android OS is not for me.

Edit:
    forgot to mention I was going to buy the captivate no contract at 500 and sell my iphone 4 for like 800+ and make some $$. The only problem would be not having early upgrade eligibility next year(i think ) due to not having an iphone any more.

7. Centient macrumors 6502

I love my iPhone, no chance I'd return it. However if I did, I'd probably just wait it out a few months on a standard, low-end phone and see what comes to market.

I think Droid is really just starting to come into its own, but aside from the Evo, nothing in the line-up has me really excited just yet. Down the road a few months, who knows?

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

How do people have 4 phones on rotation to begin with?

9. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I would just go back to my iPhone 3G. Yes its a little slow with the web browsing, but otherwise works perfectly. There are a couple of things I actually prefer about the 3G compared to the iPhone 4 anyway.

10. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

People need to be educated on the facts. Before the iPhone launched on ATT in 2007, ATT was already the US's largest cell phone providers with the most customers. Verizon was the second largest

It's not like ATT needed the iPhone to become number one.

With Verizon's purchased of Alltel, they retook the number one position.

Both ATT and Verizon have very low churn rates to began with.

11. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

I was up to eight cell phones in my possession last year. I've sold 4 of them. I am a phone junkie.

I really don't waste that much money since I buy/resell and most of the phones I purchased are subsidized. My brother has Tmobile and I have ATT. He opens up his Tmobile line for me. And I opened up an ATT line for him to get an iPhone.

Plus we put our siblings on our plans and they primarily use dumbphones so we use their subsidies to buy more phones.

12. lilo777 macrumors 603

Captivate has faster CPU and GPU than iPhone 4. Some users do experience the UI slowness but it seems to be caused by the use of live wallpapers which can be replaced with regular ones (and are not available on iPhone anyways).

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

We keep our previous phones as backups.

14. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I want to try what they smoke (sorry, I meant 'use')

iP4 is not the only phone that you can have fun with...

Attached Files:

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Holy moly :eek:

You're pretty lucky then. At least you have plenty of choice.

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

If I ended up returning my iPhone (which I don't even have yet), I'd just stay with my Virgin Mobile phone. It always works, and it's cheap. Doesn't do much, but I know I can trust it. Never dropped a call, and I can only make it lose bars by clutching my hands around it and laying on top of it.

17. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I almost went Verizon Incredible. Then someone posted here about how great the 3GS is if the iPhone 4 hadn't come out and it clicked. I bought a one month old Mint 3GS on eBay for $290.

My decision had to do with the $300 I've spent on the AppStore and valuable Apps I use that aren't on the Android Market.

18. Chilla Frilla macrumors member

Chilla Frilla

That's not the point.

We know how Apple likes to do things. They want to provide the best user experience possible. You can't deny AT&T has horrible reception in most places and not to mention one of the worst service records in the industry.

19. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm with you. I've spent a lot on apps that I use regularly, so going to new hardware wouldn't really pay off for me.

If I HAD to go to another phone it would probably be blackberry. I had one years ago before I got my first iPhone and I really liked it. I'm sure they're even better now than they were when I had one.

20. Savor Suspended

Savor

I wouldn't return my iPhone 4.

If I did have problems, I would demote it as a back-up phone and as a portable media player/mini internet tablet. Like an iPad nano with a nicer screen and camera. There are many other things I can find uses for it even if I did have "phone" issue.

But if I do try to find an alternative, I would get either the Nexus One, Nokia N8, or Nokia N9. With Nexus One, I would just try to tinker with Android. Reminds me of the Batmobile in Batman Begins. Still in its early stages. Not refined enough yet, but YOU can try to make it as PIMP as you want it to be. With the Nokias, I just love their great reception even if their OS is laggy.

I would go unlocked and then cancel my data plan from AT&T. I did the same thing with my 2G iPhone. I used it as a primary and had the data plan for eight months and then dropped it. Used my unlocked Nokia N82 as the primary phone after which was never in their system. My 2G iPhone became something I used to browse wifi, watch YouTube vids, play music, and take notes.

The iPhone 4 is still a keeper as a solid all-around gadget even if some people think Apple got the phone part wrong.

Nexus One commercial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htC7YYOf5k&feature=related

Nokia N8 commercial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87cCdH47Rrs

21. puggles macrumors regular

Even with all its problems its still the best piece of technology i have ever owned.

22. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Really I have been thinking about this with my 3GS I love that phone even with iOS4.

Curious what everyone like or dislikes about the iphone 4

23. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I wouldn't return it but the only other phone I would concider is the Evo.

24. hcho3 macrumors 68030

True, but this is because iphone is the one single phone that people use the data a lot. People use almost 3-4 times more data with iphone than blakcberry or other smart phones. (This is gradually changing)
    AT&T has a lot of data to cover for these iphones. With so many iphones sold, AT&T is struggling. Service depends on where you live, but I do get a decent coverage on where I live. But, AT&T needs to improve... like a lot in DC.