Seriously need help with my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scrap91, Oct 4, 2012.

1. scrap91 macrumors newbie

So, here it goes. A mate of mine was saying how I could update the software on my iPhone 3GS to IOS6. I gave it to him to do it while I was at uni today and came back to find all my contacts, music, photos and notes gone. I asked him if he'd backed it all up and to my surprise he said no.

Since then i've been trying to get my contacts bank the long way (via facebook) etc as well as trying to figure out how to get my music back. The thing with music though is that before I moved to halls I synced the device with a different iTunes library on a different laptop and of course I am now unable to put music onto it now on my new laptop.

Well, there it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

xx

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

You can use an app like Copytrans Managerhttp://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php to just drag and drop your music and pics. There are others so just use Google to search for drag and drop apps or "sync iPhone without itunes". Hope this helps :)

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

You're pretty brave putting it on the 3GS. I'd be too worried that it would just lag all day. :(

GL!

4. scrap91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I just had the idea of going back home over the weekend and using my dad's laptop (the one that is was originally synced to) but now my mate tells me that he deactivated it off my iTunes. *facepalm*

Should've just done this myself. I think I've gone to the point of no return :(

Thanks anyway man

----------

It's not too bad on the 3GS, but then again I have bugger all on it now.