Seriously?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkanok, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I don't know what's going on here, but I had charged my phone to 100% and just before going to bed, I took it off the charge. I woke 8 hours later, looked at the phone, 49% battery!!! I mean what the hell?! It dropped over. 50% overnight, it's never done that. I looked at the usage details and it showed that there was 3 hours of usage on the phone during that 8 hours.

I don't know what happened but that's unacceptable. I've tried doing all the things people have suggested, such as doing a restore then setting up as new, resetting settings, do a few full drains and full charges so I don't know why that happened. It's funny though because till this day, it's been fine. I can leave it overnight and see maybe a 2% drop, that's why I'm so blown away at this.

You guys think this is a battery issue or a software issue? Should I bring the phone to an apple genius?

2. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

A troll that lives in your walls used it when you were sleeping

3. uba2012 macrumors member

Maybe something was downloading in the background ?

4. kalexn macrumors 6502

I don't think it is a batter or a phone issue but more you may have apps running or things downloading in the background.

5. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Yes. Sounds defective to me.

6. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

I would definitely get the phone replaced and downgrade to ios5.

7. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

that's too funny

8. R1PPER macrumors 6502

it's probably network switching thats killing it. Don't know if you can disable switching in the menus...failing that just get a charge cable by the bed ;)

9. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

How is your phone setup? If you have lots of push email and icloud turned on to the max then yeah, your battery will be sucked dry.

I increased my battery life by turning off passbook sync in icloud and shared photo streams.

The more you have turned on the more power its going to suck. Also how many times have you charged your phone? Takes about 3-4 weeks for a phone to reach its full capacity.

10. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

11. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

First OP, you have to look at your iphone and what is turned on and what is using your data throughout the day/night. You can do a Google search for the sites that have a list of things that one can do to save battery life and perhaps tell you what is using your battery at night.

12. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Whenever that happens to me, it is because something is running in the background. Which brings me to my biggest pet peeve with iOS and/or Jelly Bean for that matter.

The list of "recent apps" shows you both recent and currently running apps. There is no way to know which of the recent apps are "doing" anything in the background.

I always forget to turn off the baby monitor software on mine and it drains my phone like nobody's business.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Cleverly worded.

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Perhaps an open program had the GPS (location icon) on all night? I did this with my GPS program (Navigon) before.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Just get a cat, a fan, and a record player that plays "Every Step You Take." Problem solved.

16. Vengeful macrumors member

Vengeful

had this happen with my S3, turned out to be ATT's lte radio, randomly even with wifi active.

17. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Taking a hunch it was the location you were in . If your phone is constantly switching between lte 4g,3G that eats away by sending and receiving data every second try throwing your phone on disturb or airplane mode tonight and see what happens...also did you have any apps running in your dock? I constantly close my apps throughout the day cause I feel it eats up battery little by little but I'm not #percent f that's true

18. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Do not disturb mode wont change usage at all except for not lighting up the screen or playing notification noises. It will continue to function as normal except to disable the ability for notifications to make noise/vibrate/light the screen. But everything will still come in

19. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Is that the most descriptive subject line you could come up with? Seriously?! Man people are getting lazier by the day.

20. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I am kind of new here to the forum and trying to learn the etiquette, do you mean he should have put a more descriptive title?

21. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yes. If I search for this issue, I'm not going to search for "seriously" am I? I am going to search for something like "Phone battery drains at night" or something. "seriously" won't even be a part of my search.... Help those who want to use the search function (which I appreciate when people try to help themselves first before starting new threads).

22. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Great thread title, it really helps us all. -1