Server Speculation (architosh)

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
6-way G5/G4... mmm... anyway I can get that in a tower? ;)

(Not that I'd EVER come close to using that much processor, but hey, it sounds good... :D )

gbojim

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2002
One tiny little minor discrepancy that the engineer Architosh was talking to seems to have missed. The MPC8540 absolutely includes SIMD, and although they don't actually have a name attached to it, I cannot believe Motorola would design another SIMD considering how good Altivec is.

However, just to be sure, I'll check with Motorola in the morning.

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
What the hell is that guy Douglas Godfrey or whatever his name is taking...I WANT SOME.

and I hope steve jobs takes some too before tuesday morning

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Well, I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it is as big a load of bs as others here seem to think. How sweet would it be though? Oh baby...

--

Love your sig, 3rdpath (play on words intended :D)

Wildcat

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2002
Eugene, OR
Re: yea, riiiighttttt.....

Originally posted by 3rdpath
its interesting in a mythical futuristic unbelievable hallucinagenic willy wonka never never land sort of way.....:)
Now that its had time to sink in yeah I guess you are right it is kinda willy wonkaish. But the real question is weather the umpa-lumpa will come standard with it or will it be a build to order option? ;)

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Re: yea, riiiighttttt.....

Originally posted by 3rdpath
its interesting in a mythical futuristic unbelievable hallucinagenic willy wonka never never land sort of way.....:)
That just has to be the best thing I have heard on MacRumors in a few years.

I love that kind of comedy!

Ensign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.