Service on my unlocked iPhone at the apple store....I GOT LUCKY!!!

kabailey88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
ok so my iphone had a physical button that was ****ing up and i had the phone unlocked so i was worried that they wernt going to warranty it. so i got the balls today to go into the apple store without a sim and showed them the problem. in less than 5 mins i had a new one in my hand and they didnt say anything about the old one being unlocked. HOWEVER my new phone has 1.1.1 on it and IS locked. I was wondering if anyone could help me out in getting my new 1.1.1. unlocked. all the forums and instructions online are so confusing. i just need someone who can tell me what to do/where to go to get the information.

thanks!

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
the thing is that iphone is great and needs AT&T for proper vm working. and more.

glad you got lucky, but sometimes fighting the apple infrastructure is dumb.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
HOWEVER my new phone has 1.1.1 on it and IS locked. I was wondering if anyone could help me out in getting my new 1.1.1. unlocked. all the forums and instructions online are so confusing. i just need someone who can tell me what to do/where to go to get the information.

No lessons learned with your last iphone experience?

If your new phone goes bad....

decadentdave

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
It's not your phone, it's the sim card. You would have to have AT&T replace it and if it was locked because you jailbroke it you are screwed.

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2002
WA
I think you should not unlock your phone. I am willing to bet, that apple will eventually unlock the phone. Until then, chill.

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2002
WA
Maybe after the two-year contract is over, that and not to mention they are tied to AT&T for 5 years so i think thats a long shot
Well, who would have known Apple would use intel chips or offer drm-free music available for 99 cents. Apple always has something up their sleeve. Watch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.