Service to notify you of new 4K releases

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ErikGrim, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Is there a service that can notify of which 4K releases are available in which iTunes region and when new are added? This would be immensely useful.

2. LV426 macrumors 6502a

I don't know of such a service, but the UK iTunes Store has a big banner at the top of the Films section advertising "Films now in 4K HDR". At the time of writing, it shows about 70 movies in this section.

3. ErikGrim thread starter macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

I know about those sections, but I am specifically thinking of a service that shows the differences between regions. Right now it is extremely frustrating to know that the UK has Blade Runner FC in 4K and Australia doesn't. And I want to be notified when that becomes available rather than keep fruitlessly checking.

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

You’re probably out of luck. I’ve been waiting several years for HD versions of some movies in the UK store. I just put them in my wish list. Whenever I have a look at that list it’s pretty easy to see which ones are HD.

5. priitv8 macrumors 68040

This geographic discrimination seems especially weird now for 4K movies, considerig that for the UHD Bluray the agreement to go region-free has been reached.
    I can buy these in US Amazon and they will play on any UHD BD player.