Serving on Election Day?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ucfgrad93, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I put in a request with my county's supervisor of elections to work on election day. Just found out today, that I will be an Election Judge. I've never worked an election and I'm pretty excited.

Just wondering if anyone else is going to serve on election day.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I will be running my local precinct's election, like I have for a few years now.

Here in California, we have far too many elections, so even though I've only done this for just under four years, I've already lost track of the number of elections I've worked. But as crazy as it can get, I enjoy being an integral part of the process and the public face of the election for those in my neighborhood. :)

BTW, what's an Election Judge? Different states have different processes and labels.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree completely. Well done. Participating in the election process as officials helping to run the election is vital for the fair functioning of a democracy.
    Good luck and cheers

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I used to work every election, helping with the computers that counted the ballots. It was great fun, staying up all night, reporting the numbers, conversing with the candidates. I have to admit that the whole "hanging chad" incident had a different meaning for me than it did most people.:eek:

6. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not sure, I believe it is just an election worker, but I don't know for sure. I have a training class I have to attend on Oct. 14th so I guess I'll find out then.