Session Testimony

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rhonindk, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

2. LizKat, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm listening to this and so far I've concluded Warner is an idiot.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

At least he's the answering questions. Remember these Obama administration officials who pleaded the fifth?

Nine Obama administration officials also invoked the Fifth Amendment. Here’s a list in case you forgot:

Who can forget about IRS Director, Lois Lerner who pled the Fifth Amendment twice over allegations that the IRS had “targeted conservative nonprofit groups for additional scrutiny of their applications for tax-exempt status.”

The first time Lerner plead the Fifth Amendment was in May 2013, while appearing before the Senate Finance Committee. The second time Lerner pled the Fifth Amendment was in March 2014 while appearing before the House Oversight Committee.

In April 2012, General Services Administration (GSA)’s Jeffrey Neely invoked his Fifth Amendment right when the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee called Neely to testify about improper spending.

Neely also invoked his Fifth Amendment right after photos emerged of Neely sitting in a bathtub with wine at GSA’s Western Regions Conference in 2010 in Las Vegas, which spent $822,000 in taxpayer money.

Patrick Cunningham, chief of the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona, invoked his Fifth Amendment in January 2012 in connection with the Fast and Furious scandal.

Deputy Director of the IRS Greg Roseman pled the Fifth in January 2013, after Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) started asking Roseman about “panel findings that he helped a friend procure potentially $500 million worth of IRS contracts.”

Then there is the former State Department Employee Bryan Pagliano, who famously invoked his Fifth Amendment right over his involvement in setting up Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email server in September 2015.

Former Department of Veterans Affairs officials John Sepulveda, Diana Rubens, and Kimberly Graves, as well as former Environmental Protection Agency official John Beale, all invoked their Fifth Amendment rights as well.

Let's also not forget Eric Holder, who was able to avoid testifying after Obama invoked executive privilege.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Another issue is Sessions really doesn't remember ****. He's certain no collusion took place, but the details of who met who are ironically a little foggy.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Warner is an idiot. Sessions explains why he had to recuse himself due to DOJ policy and Warner asks him "did you recuse yourself for reasons x, y, z in an attempt to make him look guilty.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017 ---
    I've been to some submarine commissioning cerimonies with many people in attendance. I've been introduced to people that I will never remember. If people were to ask me if "so and so" was present I'd have to say "I don't recall" as well.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Deflection noted. Who cares about that. Can we just focus on this investigation? Do you think it's possible to keep commentary to the present/future?

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Pretty sure you'd remember the Russian Ambassador to the United States. His 4th aid named Olga, probably not.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's all related.

Now Dianne is trying to trip him up.
    I've met three ambassadors at these things. Honestly can't remember their names or countries of origin.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

The problem with Sessions is that it's hard to discern whether he honestly has no memory for details or he's being evasive.

13. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

He's definitely being evasive. I'm not sure it matters though - whether or not he remembers it today doesn't matter. What matters is the fact the meetings occurred and the factual list of who was present.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sessions is punching back. I love it.

15. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

You gotta love YouTube.... who needs the MSM :)

16. poloponies macrumors 68030

He was getting "the vapors."
    Among the things Sessions is, "good man" is pretty low on the list. He's a misinformed conservative racist politician trapped in the 1950's and devoid of any real understanding of the job he's in:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetw...ecting-medical-marijuana-states/#45cd91b9727b

17. Rhonindk thread starter macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Heinrich is a tool. :eek: "My way .... My way ... My way ..."

Missed the last hour :( Was caught in a meeting.
    Will have to watch the replay.

So far I am fairly impressed with Sessions replies.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He sure gets hot under the collar when told there's two options, either invoke exec privilege or answer the question and don't go wandering out into the tall grass of whether it's "appropriate" to answer a question that could be answered in open hearing...

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sessions' position on medical pot makes him a racist?

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Yeah - like a piece of pirate booty punching into a bowl of mac and cheese lol

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Umm, ok?

22. Rhonindk thread starter macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

That's the problem. Heinrich tried to paint it as black / white when in fact there are several colors.
    Senators like that are looking for headlines not answers unless it directly benefit themselves.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Weak and to no effect.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I love how the democrats (and done republicans) are using soviet style show trial methods in its Russian investigation.

25. poloponies macrumors 68030

His history of racist comments makes him racist. His position on medical marijuana makes him misinformed.