Sessions lied again...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by R.Perez, Jun 17, 2017.

1. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

From the Guardian:

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/15/lobbyist-russian-interests-jeff-sessions-testimony

You know when all this Russia stuff started popping up, I was convinced it was nothing even though I absolutely despise Trump. But if there is absolutely nothing to be found here, why all the shady behavior?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Contact how? Did they have a golden shower together?

Also his statement says he doesn't believe, hard to call it lieing even if true.

3. SLC Flyfishing, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017

SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Article's crap, and takes a lot of liberty with what sessions and others have said.

Did you even read beyond the first paragraph?

An excerpt:
    So the writer admits it's possible that Sessions didn't know Burts role or links to Russian interests.

Then this doozy:

So which is it? Did he say "no", or did he say "I don't think so" because those are two very different things.

I think we both know the answer here. Only one of us is intellectually honest enough to acknowledge it.

Are you proud of using an article full of nothing more than weak speculation to make your own claim that sessions lied?

You don't even try to be objective about this; it's a comical thread title to anyone who's really paying attention to the facts of the case as they're currently available.

4. R.Perez thread starter macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I never said he perjured himself. But he has now failed to disclose meetings in Senate testimony twice. If you invite someone to a dinner party, you can recall the event taking place.

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That's an assumption of gargantuan proportions if I've ever seen one.

These types of dinners almost certainly are attended by many many people; and Sessions (or whoever is the host) almost certainly doesn't personally invite every single guest. It would be extremely likely that he may not have known who many of the people there were, nor interacted with most of them.

I know you want the opposite to be true though.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Depends how many dinner parties you give, how many people attend them, and whether you were in charge of the guest list.

7. Huntn, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I believe forgetfulness is the friend of the deceitful. There is a time when our standards in government would not accept such explanations if shown to be false, in other words if there is truth in the allegation.

I feel all these failures to provide accurate info on their security clearance forms will just be blown off as hey they are on our side, let bygones be bygones, and who really cares if we have moles hired by the Administration, running around our top eschelon of government, he's new and inexperienced on legalities. :rolleyes::oops:

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If that were the case your friend Hillary would be in jail already.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017 ---
    You said he lied in your thread title, and since he was testifying that would be perjury.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So you agree with me about Sessions. ;)

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Time will tell, we will see what his reaction is to this. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to jump in bed with the Russians to me.

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Part of the point of the entire investigation shows that Russian operatives don't come out and introduce themselves as such. They gain your trust, perhaps friendship. You do a few small business deals with them, and all of a sudden you've been compromised.

The entire Trump administration has been compromised, whether they've realized it yet or not.

12. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Proof? It's PRSI policy to provide it when asked.

I want to see your proof that the entire administration has been compromised.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That's why we're having hearings. Stay tuned, sceptic.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

So retract your claim since it's clearly not based in fact.

Feel free to make it again, if and when the "entire Trump organization" is proven to be compromised in the way you claimed.

15. unlinked, Jun 17, 2017

unlinked macrumors 6502a

The firm the Russian lobbyist works for is run by a Clinton donor and former chief of staff. This Russian scandal just gets bigger and bigger. Is the whole us political system compromised!!

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Quite possibly.

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agreed that there is no definitive proof yet, at least none that has been made public. But I see no reason why it's against forum rules to speculate that Trump and/or his associates might be compromised, as long as we all understand that it's still speculation, not fact.

18. Zenithal macrumors 601

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

How much do you know of the people you regularly meet?
    And do you remember every event you went to in last 3 years?

Few have such a photographic memory.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I sense this thread is about to get wastelanded or highly edited if some people *cough cough* don't stop bickering. :)

Good thing I am an AG with a good memory. :p

21. chown33 macrumors 604

I wish I could remember what "AG" stands for.

22. PracticalMac, Jun 17, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

You recall the Bill Clinton interviews?
    He had many of the same answers that Sessions had.

If you think Clinton was lying and purged himself, then you must also pass the same judgment on Sessions, no excuse.

23. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Come on you know that when sessions says he cannot remember he means the answer is yes. How could anyone that has met someone twice previously and knows exactly what they look like attent a reception in the Mayflower hotel with two dozen guest and (1) Not see the Russian Ambasador in the reception and (2) Not remember if they actually spoke. Hell if you met someone previously and you see them in a reception you would at least say hello. His stock answer is I do not remember which is meant to cover his arse. Don't be surprised if pictures turn up on this.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Bill Clinton said he didn't have sexual relations with a woman he knew that he did. Sessions did not state anything that even parallels that.

25. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Exactly my point.