Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Hey all.

Looking for an app or way to set a moving wallpaper on my Android device (Huawei P20 on android 9), just like what Apple does in iOS in iPhone and iPad, where any wallpaper you set in the homescreen moves when you move the device.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Your device app drawer should show 'Theme' from Huawei, go choose your wall paper and load it. Limited though.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Are you asking about the "parallax effect" or an actual live wallpaper? That parallax effect option was the FIRST thing I disabled on any iOS device I used (when I used them), it was annoying to me. Live Wallpapers should be available, but that may depend on the device and launcher supporting them. Android DOES support them - the Pixel devices have them.

maxjohnson2

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2017
LG have that feature built in with their stock launcher. Maybe some other manufacturers have it too. Otherwise it's a form of livewallpaper, you just have to search for a parallax wallpaper app on the Playstore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.