Set afire, teen now struggles for survival.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Nov 2, 2009.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

[​IMG]

LINK

I hope the kids who did this to him get the maximum allowed penalty.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

If this isn't appropriate circumstance for being tried as an adult, I don't know what is...I don't want to see them out of jail for at least 10 years.

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

10 years my a*s!! Hang them from the gallows in the courthouse square until DEAD!

5. AngryApple macrumors 6502

Poor kid. I hope he is sedated enough so he can't feel pain. :( What was the motive for doing it to him?

6. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Kids can do stupid hurtful things. Sometimes, "beating up" or physically hurting another kid just for giggles. That's a part of being a stupid kid. However, what kind of sick minds would even, slightly, not consider that doing something like this is going too far? Most kids have enough sense not to approach levels of this extreme atrocity. Seriously.

7. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i hope the the little f***s are incinerated to death.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

AW HELL NAW! Those rooten kids need to go for life to prison! On a side note, I bet those idiots who did this are not going to be happy when they meet Bubba.

9. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

in my opinion, justice would be to have these kids suffer through the same conditions and circumstances they've inflicted on this boy.

10. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

In the USA, life in prison means 25-35 years with the chance of parole. If you really want to punish them, you send them to jail for 100+ years in jail. This makes sure they die in prison and they do not have a chance to get parole.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, in my opinion this crime warrants the death penalty if the perpetrators are old enough. If they aren't then lock them away forever.

12. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

They will probably be admitted to a mental hospital for rehabilitation.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Apparently a $40 video game and/or a bike. This is tragic. I hope he survives and recovers.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That'd be a slap in the wrist and a slap in the face to society and the family of the burned boy.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know if that would happen.

Here's a bit on the background of the families of the children who did this.

16. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

The Defense will argue that the kids who set him on fire are mentally ill and need to be helped. It's unfortunate.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i disagree

while very poor judgement, i am sure they didnt think it through and are now the most apologetic kids in the world

i dont think a death penalty is warranted if it was just a dumb act gone wrong and killing them wouldnt change anyones fortunes but killing their lives

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That won't be argued as far as I'm concerned. The fact that they had the supplies to do this shows that it is premeditated.

19. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Normally I wouldn't cuss in a thread but, THE **** WERE THE TEENS THINKING?! JESUS CHRIST. WHO DECIDES TO PUT THEIR FRIEND ON FIRE.

20. No1451 macrumors 6502

Disagree entirely with this. Justice isn't about punishment(despite what many think) it's about protecting the lives and well-beings of people. These kids proved that a) they are capable of an incredible level of violence b) are incredibly stupid c) overreact in a really big way. If they do this after someone snitches on them I would never want to see their reaction to something more serious.

Hang the little bastards before they hurt anyone else.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This goes way beyond poor judgement. This is a horrific and deliberate act, and they should never be set free again.

22. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I hope they go to jail for a long time, maybe not for life as they may not have known the full implications of what they are doing but they need to go to jail for AT LEAST 20-30 years for what they did to this kid over a video game, if not longer.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

A slap to the face of the society would be basing their punishment off of the longing for revenge, rather than the law, as so many have done in their opinions in this thread.

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I like that you can forgive easily but frankly, this was thought-out and I don't think they're apologetic at all. If anything, they're sorry because they got caught.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Stick them in jail for the maximum allowed time for kids that age, stick their parents in jail for a 5 year sentence with mandatory sterilization.