I put this here because some other poor fool might be saved some trouble when his or her browser finds it. Tedious Brother printer configuration, Mac OS X 10.11.1. Most setup software from Brother is FUBAR. Set it up using the LCD display, and tediously entering the passphrase with the up and down arrows, which scroll (almost) through the ASCII character set. The open curly bracket character (ASCII 123 decimal) shows up as a blank on the LCD display, a fine gotcha! It will not accept a WiFi passphrase longer than 61 characters. I assigned a fixed IP (via the LCD interface) of xyz.xyz.xyz.xyz (but I also set a DHCP reservation by MAC address). Then set it up from the iPhone side for iPhone printing, after downloading the iPhone app. Use the web based utility to manage the printer –> point a browser at the IP address of the printer. Oh, the wasted hours.