Seth Rogen owns an iphone but did a samsung commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I find it funny that Seth Rogen promoted a samsung commercial yet owns an iphone according to his twitter screenshot.

I think Jessica alba did the same thing cause she was promoting a windows phones but was seen later on with an iphone when her contract was up.

ourmountain

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Yep. Because that's what I think about before buying a phone.

"Would Seth Rogan use this?"

"What about Jessica Alba?"

First thoughts. Every time.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Yep. Because that's what I think about before buying a phone.

"Would Seth Rogan use this?"

"What about Jessica Alba?"

First thoughts. Every time.

Just think it's funny they endorse but their preference is the iphone. Don't get so defensive.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
LOL, not true. At all.
It appears you're right. I said what I did because I've somehow managed to never see and/or hear of an Apple commercial with a celeb in it. o_O I remember the 'I'm a PC' commercials, the music commercials for iPod, the 'thin' commercials for Macbook Air, various commercials for the iPhone... I haven't seen any of their celebrity commercials.

Anyway, for Seth I imagine it had more to do with the money than anything else. I doubt that Pantene celebrities actually use Pantene.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
I find it funny that Seth Rogen promoted a samsung commercial yet owns an iphone according to his twitter screenshot.

I think Jessica alba did the same thing cause she was promoting a windows phones but was seen later on with an iphone when her contract was up.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
You sure about that?

<snip>]
If you'd bothered to, you know, scroll down further or refresh before going looking for images, you'd have seen that I already responded to someone else about this before your reply...

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012

No problem. Thanks for the constructive comment.

Here is Jessica alba using her iphone after getting paid bucket loads of cash promoting the windows phone.

Just couple examples of people that don't stand behind the products they get paid to promote.

Last edited:

mclld

macrumors 68020
Nov 6, 2012
If you'd bothered to, you know, do research instead of acting like you know, you'd not have eat crow..

556fmjoe

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2014
Meh, I worked and advertised for NAPA Auto Parts but I buy OEM for my car.

It's a job, not a religion.

556fmjoe

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2014
Yea but I'm guessing your not as rich as Rogen or Alba.
I don't see why that matters.

I have no problem recommending NAPA to anyone who asks, even if I prefer OEM myself. If they like iPhones better, so what? It's just a tool.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I don't see why that matters.

I have no problem recommending NAPA to anyone who asks, even if I prefer OEM myself. If they like iPhones better, so what? It's just a tool.

Because if I didn't need money I wouldn't see a reason in promoting a product I wouldn't use myself.

But obviously everyone has a price.

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US

Makes no sense at all. People who do endorsements are not then bound by law to only use those products for the rest of their lives.

I think the fact that you felt the need to post it says a lot more about your motives than anything else.

Do you thinks sales people only buy the products they sell?
Have you ever seen the employee cars from a car company like say Toyota drive? They don't all drive Toyotas.....

Then how do you know that is Rogan's anyway? Things can be faked....

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Just think it's funny they endorse but their preference is the iphone. Don't get so defensive.
Of course, you are right, because people can't own and use multiple phones, right? :rolleyes: I switch out between Windows and Android phones (and soon an iPhone 6) depending on how I feel for the day. Isn't that an amazing concept?

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012

Makes no sense at all. People who do endorsements are not then bound by law to only use those products for the rest of their lives.

I think the fact that you felt the need to post it says a lot more about your motives than anything else.

Do you thinks sales people only buy the products they sell?
Have you ever seen the employee cars from a car company like say Toyota drive? They don't all drive Toyotas.....

Then how do you know that is Rogan's anyway? Things can be faked....

Well first off the average joe is not rich and therefore wouldn't be expected to only use products for the company they work for.

Second Rogen admitted buying an iphone after seeing Barbara Streisand using one.

Third, if you can't see the simple hypocrisy in celebs endorsing products (as themselves) and than using basically the direct competitor than I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

556fmjoe

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2014
Because if I didn't need money I wouldn't see a reason in promoting a product I wouldn't use myself.

But obviously everyone has a price.
Hell, I promote products for free that I don't like and would never use. I told a friend the other day to get a MBP because he'll like OS X. I'd never run OS X for a variety of reasons, but I recognize that a lot of people like it and it would fill a need for him.

Realistically, every Android phone or iPhone on the market today will do what most of the buyers need, so choosing a phone is generally just a matter of preference.

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US
Well first off the average joe is not rich and therefore wouldn't be expected to only use products for the company they work for.

Second Rogen admitted buying an iphone after seeing Barbara Streisand using one.

Third, if you can't see the simple hypocrisy in celebs endorsing products (as themselves) and than using basically the direct competitor than I feel sorry for you.
What hypocrisy? Explain how getting paid to do a commercial for a product makes you bound for life to that product? Please explain that. Acting and being on TV is their job...it is who there are. So do you think if they get paid to act a character in a movie that means that is who they actually are in real life too???? Or you saw it on TV so it must be real? C'mon.....they got paid to hold a product and a smile on TV.

Its not real life.....The fact that you don't see that is really sad! I feel sorry for you.......see how that works......

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
What hypocrisy? Explain how getting paid to do a commercial for a product makes you bound for life to that product? Please explain that. Acting and being on TV is their job...it is who there are. So do you think if they get paid to act a character in a movie that means that is who they actually are in real life too???? Or you saw it on TV so it must be real? C'mon.....they got paid to hold a product and a smile on TV.

Its not real life.....The fact that you don't see that is really sad! I feel sorry for you.......see how that works......

Yes they get paid to advertise and from the viewers perspective you assume they would use the product.

Is it that difficult to see?

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
If you'd bothered to, you know, do research instead of acting like you know, you'd not have eat crow..
My main point was that money talks and plenty of celebs promote one product and use another, I don't know why people are focusing on a one-off comment that I've acknowledged was wrong...? I'm so very sorry that I went by my experience and didn't google to confirm. :rolleyes:

Yes they get paid to advertise and from the viewers perspective you assume they would use the product.

I don't assume that at all, tbh. I mean like I said, you see celebs in commercials like Pantene, Covergirl, etc. Big celebs don't use grocery store brands like that. Celebs will promote whoever pays them, usually, unless they have a personal objection to the product.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

You notice how he skipped my comment above about how I use multiple brands of phones? Reality and common sense can be a PIA. ;)

Klyster

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2013
Who here, who owns more than two types of phones? (different OS' s, to be more precise).

I'd pretend I use any product if the price was right...

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US

No not at all......I do not assume they use the product at all. They are a PAID spokesperson nothing more. That does not not mean they are tied to that product for life. Is that so difficult to see? C'mon connect the dots...we know you can.
as Lloydbm41 points out.....How do you know Rogen doesn't own more than one phone? See that is not difficult to see now is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.