Setting up email. Coming from a BlackBerry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snake201, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Snake201 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I just made the switch from a BlackBerry and couldn't be any more happy! I am in the process of setting up my email address and have come to a point that I am not sure what to do.

I have my 3 email addresses through gmail. Two are personal email accounts and the other one is through my school. While adding the accounts to the iPhone I have read online that you could either go with the "microsoft exchange" option or the "gmail" option. Could someone tell me what the difference are between each other? After all is said and I have my email set up I would like to receive pushed emails as soon as the server gets it. I do not need to sync my calendar, contacts or notes.

Thank you!

2. Stanjara macrumors member

well

I don't know about gmail..i have 2 hotmail acc...and i have mail sync on..so that means when i read email on my iphone...it is red on my computer...when i delete mail on iphone...it is deleted on the computer also.

Set your mail acc to push if you want to receive it immediately...and in notification set it to notification canter with banners, badge, preview and view in lock screen on

3. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I use exchange. It allows me to delete immediately rather than archiving it first. Also gmail native client will only fetch emails every 15 minutes. Push from Exchange makes it instant. Push is the way to go. Or you could be missing out on your enails for up to 15 minutes.