Setting up iPhone 7 from backup of 6 - how do I get all Apple Music into offline mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nygiants242, Oct 14, 2016.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

Hi guys,

Firing up my new iPhone 7 from the back-up of my 6. I currently have all of my songs on my 6 downloaded - able to listen offline.

I heard when you transfer over that is undone. How can I simply toggle/download all of my "added" music from Apple Music?

Thanks all in advance!

2. nygiants242 thread starter macrumors member

3. newbish macrumors member

I saw a brilliant tip else where and followed it.

Open iTunes on your desktop, log in with the same iCloud account used for Apple Music. Create a new Smart Playlist, make it add every track with track length >0 seconds. Name the playlist "All Music".

Now go on your iPhone, go to Music > Playlist > All Music. Hit the download button at the top of the playlist. Enjoy!

4. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

That is why I turned off Apple music. I just setup my phone and all the music was there.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap....

6. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I'd like to be able to do that too. I have data-free access to Apple Music so that's ok for data itself, but there are places I go that have no mobile service so I'll have to stream only when I have signal, and resort to saved music when I have no service.

Having them separated but both available on the phone offline would be ideal

7. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

This is what I use too. It's brilliant. Everything automatically downloads to the phone when connected to wifi.