Setting up my bluetooth phone so i can send txt messages to people using my macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SeanSweeney, Jan 31, 2008.

1. SeanSweeney macrumors newbie

I want to set up my bluetooth phone so that it will allow me to use the keyboard on my mac to be used for sending messages to my contacts instead of using the phone, if anyone knows how i can do this it would be great to hear from you

2. stevey500 macrumors 6502

What phone ya got!?

BluePhone Elite 2 is

http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/

AWESOME..

nothing close to it you can find for windows...

I've used it for over a year now, bought a full copy because I felt it was worth it, new updates often for more supported devices.
    Way cool GUI and its a very light and very customizable piece of software.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

anyone correct me if im wrong but i think this feature was removed from the Address Book in Leopard. Tiger's Address Book had this feature and it looked pretty sweet (but i didnt use it). so if you have Tiger you can use the Address Book.

4. stevey500 macrumors 6502

I've never got the text message feature in address to work very correctly in the past... it was pretty lame...

mira software did an excellent job with bluephone though, its just a kick-a program. Maintains it self, connects to my phone all by it self, pauses my itunes when someone calls, notifies me by caller ID onscreen by whos texting me or calling, can hit reply directly on the caller ID bezel.. just awesome.