setting up RAID drives….

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Macsignpro, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Macsignpro macrumors newbie

Helllo!
    i have reached a issue i need input with:
    i installed a pci internal SATA card on my G5 for a server. i then installed three new drives. two for the raid at 3T and a new 1T master drive with mac server 10.5.
    i discovered that i cannot share the raid drives with all my work on it. the option is not allowed in mac server 10.5
    i promptly then grab the original G5 drive with mac 10.5.8 and swap out the server drive.
    Now, my raid drives do not mount AND, they are greyed out in disk utility. The drives have files on them. i do NOT want to reformat them and start copying them all over again.
    What is the solution for getting the drives to be read? is it the fact that when a raid drive is created on one system, it cannot be switched to another?

thank you.
    Christopher

2. Macsignpro thread starter macrumors newbie

update

i have since reinstalled the server hard drive and i am still stuck not being able to mount the two drives. here is the terminal screenshot of them:

i am stumped to why these two drives will not show up. i got these drives not even a month ago and was basically transferring design files over to the via the new work and when i came in to fire up the computer, this happened…

Attached Files: