Settle for Gold???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christf10, Oct 7, 2014.

1. christf10 macrumors member

christf10

Hey all, so I order an iPhone 6 Plus for myself and my wife the day after they were avail for preorder. I ordered a white/gold for my wife and a white/silver for myself. My wifes phone arrived but she has since decided she wants a 6 cuz the 6 plus is too big. I found out from Verizon that my order was cancelled for some reason and they had to reorder. I am now staring at an 11/1 delivery. I still have the unopened white/gold 6 plus.

For those of you that have the gold, what are your thoughts? I have never had a white iPhone (aside from 3G). I currently have the iPhone 5 in slate.

2. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I wouldn't call it settling. :rolleyes: The gold iPhone 6 was my first choice. It's not that tacky yellowish gold you see on the AK-47s of African warlords. It's a nice subdued champagne gold. I do think the space gray looks sleeker, but was afraid of scratches being more visible, and the silver looks too plain next to the bold colours of the other two choices.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I settled for a gold 6+
    That's all the Apple Store had in stock left but it's not bad. I'd like a black one but no big deal. With the case on I only see the white front face anyway.

4. ihatephish macrumors regular

5. christf10 thread starter macrumors member

christf10

I would not be surprise. Her main issue was the thought of exercising with it. She feels it will be too big for an armband.

6. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

I was skeptical about the gold, all my friends were getting the silver or space grey so I figured I'd give the Gold a chance, and I actually like this one the best. My previous 5s was Space Grey, and iphone 5 was white as well as 4s.

Gold feels new :) go for it and enjoy the phone!

7. cababah macrumors 68000

I personally think the 4.7 iPhone 6 is even too big to bring I the gym (I had that before my 6+).

iPod Nano for exercise purposes. Smaller and lighter than the iPhones and then you don't have to worry about getting your phone all sweaty and gross. :)

8. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't call it settling either. My partner has a gold and we both love it. The color is fantastic. Some people don't like the white antenna bands but I think they're fine.

9. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Space gray is SO effing boring I hate it. But it's the only black version.

10. toxicity033 macrumors member

11. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

12. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I like my gold 6 a lot. Was my first choice. I didn't preorder because I wanted to see it in person because the photos didn't make the gold look appealing. But in person I thimk gold looks the best

13. HPLouis macrumors regular

I have a black one but I used to have a good one with screen problems that I exchanged. I liked the gold better. If I could do it all over again, I would take the gold over grey

14. FoxD macrumors 6502

Wife has gold. It's ok but my least favorite.

I'm so ready for an all black iPhone again.

15. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

Gold is tacky. The only people I've seen in person with gold iphones are those guys with gold necklaces and gold jewellery.

16. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

The 6+ is my first gold phone and it's effing awesome! And I'm not 12!

17. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

wow really?

18. pdxmatts, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I love my gold 6. If you want to cover it with a case you can. You should open it and see if you like it for sure. I am sure once you see it, you will want to keep it. Is it to late to return now anyway?

How do you know if it is settling if you haven't even looked at it.. Open that box! You will both probably fight over it ;)

19. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

OP, if you would consider it a settle, don't.

You will have to look at this phone for the next 2+ years. Choose what makes you happy :)

The best piece of advice I have ever gotten is "Don't settle"

20. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

21. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Take the GOLD! My co worker picked one up and I thought it looked really nice. I just don't care for the white face but since you were going for the silver one anyway its really a no brainier IMO. Start using the phone now and get some use out of it rather than wait anxiously for another month!

22. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

if it were the gold style of the 5s, then IMO the gold is pretty nice. this one looks too much for me.

23. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm ordering the gold plus and was hesitant about the color bc I love the champagne color of my 5s. In person it's not too yellow.

24. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

25. techspin macrumors 6502a