Several issues with my iPhone 5: graphical, rattle, charger malfunction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RichL2, Oct 1, 2012.

1. RichL2 macrumors newbie

Hey there, fellas.

I have a few concerns with my iPhone 5 Black 32GB. I pre-ordered it from AT&T and received it on Sept. 24th

1. Something rattles consistently if I shake the phone with a little vigor. If I switch positions in my hand sometimes it can be heard as well. Sounds like it's coming from the top. (vibrating motor?)

2. This one concerns me. In the app store I have some across horizontal lines in the display that reminded me of lines in my old Macbook Pro and a custom PC that occurred when either the graphics card went bad or the motherboard was on its way out.

3. Sometimes when I plug in my lightning port and hear the audible "snap" into place....the phone doesnt charge. I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in for my phone to start charging.

Any similar issues with you guys? I'm thinking I might need a replacement lol

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

No, it's the movable lens elements in the camera. It's normal.

This has been happening on a lot of iPhone 5s, particularly when you're asked to enter your password. Since it only happens in the app store, consensus is it's a software glitch.

Not sure about that one. If you can, try another cable?

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

4. RichL2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info on the app store. I'll do some more research and see what I can find too.

I'll try another cable and see if I can ever replicate it again.

If the lightning cable issue occurs a couple more times I'll probably make an appointment.