Several reviewers have the 13" MBP, but no reviews yet...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thefrenches, Jun 10, 2009.

1. thefrenches macrumors member

Several reviewers had the 13" MBP yesterday, posting 'first looks' and 'unboxing' and the like, yet no reviews yet?? Seems odd to me.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why is it odd? Articles don't get written and edited instantly.

3. macDonalds macrumors 6502

And they're probably too busy enjoying them as well.

4. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I can give you a review of the 15". It's really the same thing as last gen except for a new battery.
    I am currently on the fence as to whether the screen has improved. I think that it's still fantastic, but is it more fantastic, I don't think so.

Everything else is literally the same except for the battery life--it's dramatically, dramatically better and I haven't even calibrated it yet. It cures the single biggest flaw of the last gen for me. I personally don't believe that the battery is irreplaceable by the customer. You just have to take 10 screws out and get it on ebay in 3 years, and then you're back in business. Only the most extreme road warriors who must have an instantly interchangeable battery would eliminate this gen of the macbook pro. Definitely happy with the battery life, and if I can believe Apple, the battery won't lose capacity very quickly. That was my problem with laptop batteries before, it seemed like they would always lose capacity so quickly.

I will need some time to really do some real battery tests on this, but I feel confident in saying that it is dramatically better. But you can guess what it will be like b/c the last gen was somewhere around 50 wh and this one is 73 wh.