Sex Charges Dropped Against Drama Teacher Ilich Guardiola After He Married Teen

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 11, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so he was caught with a 16 year old girl and somehow mom consents to her marring him? How screwed up is that? like this perf is going to make a great husband?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/10/ilich-guardiola_n_5799910.html
    A Texas drama teacher accused of having sex with one of his students has seen all charges against him dropped after he married the teen police had said was his victim.

Ilich Guardiola, 41, was initially questioned by police in April when he was stopped for a traffic violation while riding with the 16-year-old girl in his car. The teen eventually told authorities she was in love with Guardiola and they were in a relationship, according to KHOU.

Before authorities busted him in May for the improper relationship, Guardiola had flown to Las Vegas with the girl and married her with the teen's mother as the witness, according to KPRC.

Authorities said they found text messages between Guardiola and the girl, who was one of his students at the Houston Family Arts Center.

One of the texts allegedly sent by the girl to Guardiola said "I love having sex with you."

Now, KHOU reports, that the sexual assault of a child charge against Guardiola has been dropped and his lawyer told the station it was because of the marriage.

The Houston Family Arts Center cancelled its contract with Guardiola after the accusations arose.

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I would say that his marrying her may have put the prosecutor in a tight spot. Wolfe v. United States, 291 U.S. 7, 14 (1934) established that a wife cannot be compelled to testify against her husband or vice versa. This would have left the prosecutor without a witness against him. They did run stories in the local paper trying to find any other girls that this person may have seduced but weren't able to turn up any.

The age of consent in Texas is 17. Therefore, they will have to travel out of state to have sex even if married. Personally, I'm glad they fired him, wish they'd had enough to prosecute him. A 41-year-old has no business with a 16-year-old.

3. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

No longer the tax payers problem.

It's a domestic issue.

Unless he's a repeat offender, oh well. Win some, lose some.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

the legal issues would be weird but what gets me is the mother consenting to it. very little change the marriage will last I mean can you imagine what pillow talk would be like? She does not really know what love is and he is thinking with his penis. a match made in heaven for sure.