Sex Ed vs. Abstinence only!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by halfprep455, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

I was watching a TV show last night that discussed the diffrent sex ed programs across the country. The federal government spends hundreds of millions of dollors on teaching abstinence only in schools. So these abstinence programs should work right? If you answered yes, you are dead WRNOG! Every state, county, or city that stresses abstinence only education has a much higher teen pregnancy rate and STD infection rate then the states that require a comprehensive sex ed program. What needs to be done is a federally mandated sex ed program for all schools that recive federal funds. The sex ed program should include proper use of contreceptives, explination on how pregnancy affects women, that sex before marriage IS NORMAL and has been for thousands of years. Parents, like it or not, your teens WILL have sex. Tellling them that it is wrong will not do a darn thing. Are ultra conservitive parents so nieve that the actually belive if they just simply try to scare their teens into not having sex that they will actually listen. Trust me we dont!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I know it's not exactly the same, but couldn't this discussion be continued here? :confused:

3. halfprep455 thread starter macrumors regular

halfprep455

Sorry, I didn't see that thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.