SEX!!! scandal: Bible-thumping Alabama GOP governor busted for SEX!!!ual affair with married aide.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 25, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Republican Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley is in a heap of trouble.

"You know what, when I stand behind you and I put my arms around you, and I put my hands on your breasts, and I put my hands on you ... and pull you real close ... Hey, I love that too, putting my hands under you," Bentley was recorded saying to a woman, allegedly Mason, on the phone. "I love you. I love to talk to you. I do. ... But baby, lemme tell you what we’re gonna have to do tonight: Start locking the door. ... If we’re gonna do what we did the other day, we’re gonna have to start locking the door.”

Mason gained a higher profile in 2011 when she handled the fallout from the then-governor-elect comment that Alabamians who were not Christian were "not my brother" or "my sister."

Here is a picture of the good guv with his wife of 30-years who just divorced his cheating @ss:

[​IMG]

Man, the face of a real lady-killer. George Clooney must be jealous.

2. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

If he were a Democrat, this would be a positive... see: Bill Clinton...

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

What Clinton did was not a positive. It's just not completely hypocritical.

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

In other news, the sexagenarian sexton had sextuplets.

5. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Looks like that evil preacher in poltergeist... "bringin' in the sheeeep...":eek:

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    HA! That was the very first thing that popped in my head too. Scary. O_0

The biggest difference between Bill Clinton and this guy is that Bill never made a big deal over women's reproductive health for morality reasons.

Honestly, if these people weren't running around preaching abstinence and personal responsibility regarding sex all the time, finding out they're all tag teaming a bunch of crosseyed Asian hookers with the deacon of the local Baptist church down at the Super 8 wouldn't be all that big of a deal.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

these pro family GOP'rs just want to make more family's nothing wrong with that.

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Is the reason these things get dumped into the news towards Easter weekend some sort of reach for dispensation? Like "Jesus died for our sins"... "so we're sinners"... washed clean by the resurrection?

Divorcing the guy would have been my move too, assuming I didn't have to make all those complex calculations like the Clintons did about their dual-dynastic political careers. The whole "stand by your man" thing sounds medieval to me, or at least from a time when women were chattel. In the USA today, we're not that.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

... Neither in The Times nor the Wall Street Journal, either.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

:eek: Oy, did I walk into that one. Well not 100% sure about the WSJ, my only glimpse past their paywall is the podcast that I confess to not listening to half the time.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

The religious are not about being perfect, but to strive for it. So you can falter. Then go to confession. Kind of like carbon credits.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Guess the thrill is not knowing whether God and Mother Nature have actually signed onto these gigs. :D

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

This is the platform for the "conservatives" in AL - religion. If you're not a god-fearing Christian you should go away. Annoying.

Of course, it's no longer just about the sex scandal. It now appears that Bentley has been paying the lady in question out of his campaign funds...for years.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

That's the face of Calligula reincarnal-knowledge-ated.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I would divorce the love of my life for saying "I love you" to another man (in a romantic situation), but I wouldn't for cheating. If you actually love someone it is difficult to find a match that's as good as the one you had, so why give it up?

If I was Hilary I might have divorced Bill, but to me the main crime is that some of the sex appears to have been non-consensual (and certainly theres a lot of smoke blowing in that direction) - that said, he seems to have behaved himself since. I also think from a political calculation perspective Hilary would at this point be better off without Bill.

That's certainly an issue.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

A quadruple heart bypass tends to be quite an incentive for good behaviour.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Not at all. Most of us have our own preferences for relationships and don't dictate everyone else must abide by them. We don't have to agree with everyone to have a basic tolerance to allow them to be free to choose their own relationships.

The other reason is because Democrats aren't the ones running around saying they're the moral majority, of family values, or telling everyone else what's allowable in the bedroom. In a word, "hypocrisy" qualifies and it qualifies big-time.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    In a word: "Abuse".

Physical abuse, emotional abuse, mental abuse. Pick one, or multiple. One also needs to love one's self and tolerating an alcoholic narcissistic sociopath that berates and wants to steal trade secrets from "friends" he wants to compete against in a business he wants to set up for himself while using everyone for free labor is rather a good example of abuse.

That's their relationship, and their argument and decision to make. None of us knows all the details, it's none of our business unless they choose to share details and context, and there are numerous ways to make relationships that a couple's participants agree on. "Whatever works for them" is an oft-stated quote by people.

Especially as the GOP went out of its way to impeach Clinton for something that was not affecting the country*, certainly compared to what Reagan was doing in the 1980s, culminating with his testimony on trial not being sufficient - apparently - to impeach him for gross incompetence or senility, for crying out loud... The GOP has been, at least as a collective where they all toe the line, a farce for decades. And, yes, I do agree that of them, Huntsman, Kasich, or Trump come across as being the most sincere. Grassley was decent on some issues as well...

* I suppose the one possible supposition might be "Monica's a spyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" (with requisite melodrama), and if she was, then it would be just as relevant to claim the GOP planted her to trip Clinton up with as opposed to, say, "Mother Russia" (with requisite melodrama).
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    Named Cindy, Bobby, Jan, Peter, Marcia, and Greg, we hope? :D

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think they were trying to get a rape allegation against Clinton, and I think investigating for that seems fair enough. Obviously once they got to Lewinsky that wasn't worth pursuing.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

These guys are just trying to make more family's so they can even please God more so don't hate them

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Good misread, lol. The GOP sets a high standard for themselves while sneaking around in men's bathrooms.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Never mind the governor...lets see the aide. Is she hot? :D

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That's it in a nutshell. Today's Republicans seem to feel they are running for Minister in Chief, rather than some political office. If you keep your private life out of politics, we'll keep our noses out of your private life.