Sexual abuse allegations shut down football season at New Jersey school

quagmire

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
The crunching sound of football cleats on hallway floors became the drone of dread for freshmen at a New Jersey high school. As they marched into the locker room, an ugly hazing ritual allegedly awaited them.

Upperclassmen howled as they flipped off the lights then sexually abused their younger classmates at Sayreville High School, parents and players say.
Authorities are investigating, and the school's superintendent has canceled the successful team's football season.

The coach and officials won't comment on details of the abuse, but it may have gone on for a year. A Sports Illustrated article indicated that it likely did not involve intercourse.

"There were incidents of harassment, intimidation that took place on a pervasive level, in which the players knew, tolerated and in general accepted," says Superintendent Richard Labbe.
This is what gets me.....

Now parents used to watching their sons' spirited team reign victorious on the gridiron are upset the season has been canceled.

"I've never seen so much dedication out of my son, and I want him to play the rest of this season," a mother said at a school meeting to the roar of applause.

Despondent players vented frustration over not being able to finish what they've started.
Your kid may have sexually abused another person, but all you care about is football!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/10/us/new-jersey-football-abuse-scandal/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Welcome to 21st century America.
here some POS parents are more than happy to push their kids to extremes just for a buck

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20625096,00.html
Back in March, June's then 6-year-old daughter Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson (now 7) was shown guzzling a mix of Mountain Dew and Red Bull that the family dubbed "go-go juice" in a controversial episode of Toddlers and Tiaras

"It was the worst four days of my whole entire life," June says of the investigation. She defends the bar appearance as "a meet-and-greet at a concert." But, she adds, "After I left, I realized, 'I'm not gonna put Alana in that situation again because it was crazy.' "
anyways, its just a game (football), not sure why the fanaticism about it

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Certain peoples are agitating to make pedophilia an ailment that is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Welcome to New America, where everyone is a victim deserving redress.

Certain people's are also advocating that we build a fence around 2,000+ mile borders that have literally no ability to do anything.

We don't listen to this class of people, including those you are referring to, because they are simply insane.

I met a man the other day who claimed to be the son of Zeus, clearly thats the case because "certain peoples" are claiming so, and of course any claim that is uttered anywhere at any time is to be believed and of course enacted. :rolleyes:

WTF was the point you were trying to make with your post?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
of course they are fine if their kids end up with brain damage from football too. Sports take all reason out of people.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Its just horseplay, kids have always done it, don't be so sensitive.
WTF, dude?

I'm sure we all have fond memories of being sexually assaulted and abused in the football locker room. How we long for the days when the boys held us down and penetrated their holes with their fingers. Nothing like horseplay memories.