SF Bay Area - iPhone 6/Plus Line Wait

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by technopple, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technopple macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

So AT&T was able to move my upgrade date from mid-October to now, effective as of today. I'm now on the hunt for a Silver 64GB iPhone 6 (AT&T of course).

Would you guys recommend waiting in line at the AT&T store or at an Apple store? The AT&T store is about 5-6 mins from where I live. The Apple store is in the Stoneridge Mall, about 20 mins from me.

Also, I was thinking of heading out to line up around 4 or 5am. Would I be able to get the 64GB Silver? This will be my first time camping out so your input is sincerely appreciated.

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Are you talking about a Plus or just a regular 6?
    If you are just getting the 6, there should be butt-loads of them available at the Apple store. The carrier stores tend to have very few available in a limited array of color/capacities

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6? Anywhere should work.

iPhone 6+? Apple store only, and early. Really early.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yep, this 100%

5. technopple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, looking for a regular 64GB Silver iPhone 6. Maybe a 16GB Gold iPhone 6 for my mom (as a surprise). I should be good then if I head out to the Apple store around 5 or 5:30am then?

6. Kermy macrumors member

Personally, if I was going to wait in line (I live in the East Bay), I would drive to Palo Alto and wait there. Stoneridge is the only Apple store serving all of Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, etc. It's going to be packed.

7. technopple thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in East Bay as well. Palo Alto is a 45 minute drive, haha. Do you think I wouldn't be able to get one in Pleasanton? Definitely something for me to consider :/

The Stoneridge Mall has both an Apple Store and an AT&T store.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Call and find out the mall's plan for letting you line up. Where I live, they have security ask people to leave the parking lot up until just a couple hours before the Apple Store opens. Seems like ATT around here is a little more lax as they are in smaller strip malls.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Came here to recommend Palo Alto store. Second option would be Valley Fair mall

10. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Added benefit of queuing at the Palo Alto store - you might get to see Tim Cook...

11. Mr. PoopyPants macrumors newbie

How about the Los Gatos store? May run into Woz.

12. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

you'll get a iPhone 6 with no problem.....only thing you will have to do is wait out the line.

13. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

hey fellow SF bay areaer! I actually live near Pleasanton and was at the Stoneridge Mall for the iPhone 4 and original iPad launch. I would call the store to see what time they plan on opening up on Friday and then lining up about 3-4 hours before that. Good luck!

14. djcingular macrumors member

djcingular

I was at Stoneridge Apple today, they are opening mall doors at 6. The store will open up at 8, and they will have 2 lines (pre-orders & other's). Im planning on getting out there by 4 Friday to get my 128GB Black:D

15. swamyg1 macrumors regular

You guys think Palo Alto is better than downtown SF Union Square? I live near Walnut Creek but I was thinking of heading to a flagship store around midnight to increase my odds. I want a 128gb 6+ and a 6, both Space Grey.

16. chanc macrumors member

chanc

Any experience to share about the Oakridge Mall Apple Store ? Hoping to find a 6+ 64Gb Silver model on launch day.

17. cababah macrumors 68000

I've always had good luck with Los Gatos. They usually seem to be more stocked than the other locations in the Bay Area.

18. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'd do the Apple store, no way to be sure about times without scoping it out. They have more stock and the experience will be better.

19. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Upvote for Stoneridge Mall, I also live in that area.

I went there for the iPhone 3G and there was a pretty long line. Go with your "gut instinct" and get there early (like 6 or earlier as an above poster replied) in hopes that they have your model, that's the best you can do!

20. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Do the Apple Store, hands down. BUT if you want a 6 Plus in a specific configuration, you need to be out there from like 1 am latest. It'll be a 7-8 hour wait, but that should guarantee you the model you're looking for (I'd hope).

21. nando510 macrumors newbie

I want a 6+ 64 or 128gb I live in Castro VAlley , so I was thinking Pleasanton mall would be the way to go. should I be okay showing up at 4am?

22. technopple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, I think I'll be doing Stoneridge Mall. Apparently the line only starts at 5am anyways, so if I get there around then I'll have a good chance :)

23. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

4am show up should be pretty solid, but you almost certainly won't be the first. I wouldn't be surprised if some people get there at midnight or earlier... this only happens about once a year since the iPhone came out so expect lots of people trying to get one!

24. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What do you mean it starts at 5am? Even if they don't "allow" people to line up until then, groups have ways of forming a line for the line, lol.

25. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

If not Palo Alto, maybe try Stanford. I was just there today and it wasn't that busy and no lines as of yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.