SGP Neo Hybrid EX and Matte for Verizon iPhone now Available

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jonsuh, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jonsuh macrumors member

2. buckmastermn macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up. I put in an order for the Neo Hybrid Matte in Gun Metal.

3. TimShady macrumors member

Anyone know how well the Hybrid EX plays with docks? I bought an Apple Bumper but the thing wouldn't work with my Altec Lansing speaker dock or XM Skydock so I returned it. Total bummer.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Yeah I'm sure it does, my Att version works fine.

5. TimShady macrumors member

Cool. Might be worth getting then. I want some type of bumper and this one looks pretty sweet.

6. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'd say it is one of my favorite if not my favorite bumper. It's worth getting.

7. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

2nd that best case ever.

8. TimShady macrumors member

Sweet, I ordered one in gunmetal. Also ordered a Phantom Skins matte film for the back. Hopefully it's a good combo.

9. lady.j macrumors newbie

lady.j

can you show us a picture of how it looks like with your iphone?

10. TimShady macrumors member

Sure I'll post a couple pics when I get it situated, probably late next week I'm thinking before I get it though.

11. kicko macrumors 65816

I really like the looks of these bumpers but is it really going to protect against drops more then the apple bumper? My other issue is that the headphone cutout looks small, but i have not seen a really good pic of it either.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Can't answer the question about the apple bumper but I can tell you that the headphone is definitely small - it's barely bigger than the headphone jack itself. I'd say the cutout is maybe 1mm bigger than the jack itself.

13. kicko macrumors 65816

Thanks! the apple bumper is cut exactly the same way. I'll probably have to pass. I have no problems using apple buds but i also have a FM transmitter in the car and its not huge but will not fit in that.

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

No problem. I have the same problem with aux cable in my car. I don't know why they make the cutouts on these things so damn small.

15. kicko macrumors 65816

i have 3 different types of bumpers and one full case, and out of them only one bumper for $2 seems to fit. There should be one standard size cut that manufacturers follow. I know not everything will fit but as they are doing it now nothing will fit but the apple default buds.

Do you know of an extension cable that has the same small end like the apple buds? If the cases cannot be made to accommodate then an adapter would be the only solution.

16. pbrogrom macrumors newbie

It's on first pre-order? The ship out date is for tomorrow?? Any words on the change of date?

17. buckmastermn macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered it and it shipped out the 9th. I'm expecting to get it tomorrow.

18. Good.Shepherd macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one. Looks great and the reviews are great.

Regarding the "the hole is too small" issue.... if that's true, remember that it's rubber. It will cut easier than butter with an exact knife or razor knife.

I always fit my products if they need it. It's easy, it works, and it allows you to get what you want and make small adjustments.

19. TimShady macrumors member

Okay I got my Gunmetal Neo Hybrid EX for my Verizon iPhone along with the Phantom Skinz Matte back. I think it looks pretty good, but it's hard getting the pictures to do it justice since I'm not very good with a camera...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

20. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Tim looks great! Can you shoot me a close up photot of the slide switch cutout I have been using the AT&T version on my iPhone since verizon launch date and wondered if it was worth it to order this one to get the switch more centered. Thank you!

21. TimShady macrumors member

Here ya go buddy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Wow looks great maybe I should pick a new one up fits much better around the mute switch. BTW how does the bumper fit with the side wrap..? do you have the side wrap from Phantom? Thanks I appreciate it!

23. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Loving the look of the matte back. Ordered mine in gunmetal too, and should have it by the end of the week. That will tide me over until I can get an aluminum case that will work, ha ha.

24. TimShady macrumors member

I had the side wrap on originally and it was really tight but it fit. After taking the case on and off a few times I decided to ditch the side wrap. Goes on easy as pie now. I'm content with naked sides.

25. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Got mine today. Impressions:

1) Fit is really good in terms of being tight. No sagging, and works fine with regular accessories.

2) Fit is OK over power button and mute switch, but it is NOT good over volume buttons, they do not quite line up and look a little crooked. I suspect they moved the mute switch but maybe not the volume buttons for the CDMA phone. Despite popular belief, these buttons DID move (about .5 mm) on the Verizon version of the iPhone 4.

3) The screen shield and rear protector are crap. I had always used PS stuff, until recently when I used the SGP Ultra-Optics. I didn't really like it, so I swapped it out for the Crystal one that came with the case. Very tough to apply correctly, and once stuck down, hard to reposition. I will give it an A+ for clarity though. The rear shield - forget it. Stuck down once, wanted to reposition, and it actually ripped trying to pull it back to reapply. I had to fish my old PS rear shield back out, wash/dry, and re-apply. Will definitely stick with PS from now on.

Overall, I give the product about 3/5. It is a sharp looking bumper that will tide me over until I can order the Deff Cleave in a week or 2.