Sgp neo hybrid ex vivid series for the iPhone 5 review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ChakaChaka, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ChakaChaka, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

ChakaChaka macrumors member

I went to SGP corporate in LA to pick up this case today. Here are some pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802124.493051.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802137.454248.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802150.971322.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802160.371729.jpg

As far as the back and front protectors, they are very high quality. The front screen is very clear.

The back protector comes in 3 pieces. Top and bottom pieces are clear and the middle piece is matte finish.

EDIT:
    Here's a tip for the back install. Apply the center piece first followed by the piece by the camera. Do the bottom piece last. As long as you line up the middle piece top and bottom piece will be cake.

2. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I'm interested in this case as well. A few questions:

Is the case one piece? Or does the polycarbonate slip on over a silicone bumper?

What about fitment? Does it fight well and are the sides loose or nice and snug?

Any other comments/issues?

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Can't wait for the other colors, but I like the 3 piece back SP...sounds good to me

4. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

It's a 2 piece design. Inner bumper is soft silicone. Outer piece is polycarbonate.

Figment is perfect it's way better than my mono price bumper.

The buttons are also more responsive than the mono price bumper.

All the protector pieces are dry install I'm giving this case 10/10. They mentioned that they will possibly have black next week

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Makes me happy to hear its a 2 piece case, should mean no scratches! Maybe I'll get this while I wait for the Sector...

6. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

Interested.
    Was hoping that it'd be thinner though, looks pretty thick according to your photos.

7. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

It cant be thinner without it having the lips on the edge for the back and front. It's a perfect bumper. Showing the back while having the lips so that you can lay it on both side so it doesn't touch the screen.

8. IconicM macrumors regular

I think I'm going to get the same one, but why wouldn't they do the back in one piece?

Chaka, does anything else come with case? Just one screen for the front?

Thanks for the pics, it looks really good.

9. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

1 piece dry install would be impossible to put on without bubbles. The seams between the 3 parts on the back of the iPhone 5 would bubble at the seams.

Case comes with the following:
    1 front
    3 piece back
    3 home button covers.
    Bumper case itself (2 piece design)

10. 2high2aim, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

2high2aim macrumors 6502

Damn your crazying going to the corporate office. LOL, I thought I would be one of the first ones to have my bumper case but you beat me to it. Congrats. I really like it and from the reviews of the previous version I wanted this. BTW how are the buttons, aesthetically speaking, the iP4/s version had a crease on the silicone volume part from the molding or something. I also ordered the bodygaurdz carbon fiber skin. I am going to be putting on the CF on the back w the yellow bumper and SPG glass front. Also how is the port access on the bottom and head phone jack? I know they are small but that was the biggest complaint about this product? Your picture is blurry can you take a more focused picture.

Thanks for taking the pictures

11. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

I was in the area so I figured I might as well try to buy one on the spot. Was within walking distance of where I was.

The buttons are soft silicone rubber grey in color. They are very responsive when pressed. They have + - molded into the volume buttons.

Port access is very tight. You will have issue with none apple accessories.

I am unable to take any more pics at the moment because I don't own a camera, sorry.

12. Maximus831 macrumors member

Would this fit over a invisishield skin? Thanks.

13. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

Wet install screen shields usually don't work well with bumper cases in my experience. A lot of it has to do with how centered the invisible shield is applied.

14. Maximus831 macrumors member

15. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Make or break deal for me. How big is the headphone jack hole?

16. IconicM macrumors regular

Chaka, how accurate is the shield, does it go right to the edge of the glass on the front and bevel on the back of the case? Does the rubber inner bumper overlap the front and back shields so that it keeps the shield from lifting?

Again, thanks for all the info!!

17. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I love this case. I'd buy it now but it doesn't look like it will play well with the lightning to 30 pin adapter at all.

18. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

Just slightly bigger than apples bumper headphone jack. I don't see 3rd party accessories fitting.

Iconicm
    The shield is very accurate and high quality it will not lift so long as u center the install. It does go to the edge of the screen, but the way the bumper is designed its very easy to put on without worrying about lifting. I have no lifting issues at all.

Venom600
    I don't know how we'll it works with the lightening adapter cause I don't have one.

19. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348813091.948768.jpg

Attached another photo with bumper off the phone

20. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

how was your experience at their corporate offices? you just showed up and told them what you wanted?

21. ChakaChaka thread starter macrumors member

I got permission from customer service to walk in and purchase when I told them I would be in the area. They are super busy right now. Almost bought a sgp glast

22. AKK03 macrumors newbie

Can you measure how big is the earphone cutout on the casing?

23. iamjose macrumors regular

There is always the option of getting the 30 pin adapter that has a small cable... I think that one is $39.99.

24. Dstopsie, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Where are they located. I am in LA too. What's their address??

Thanks.

I found it. Am very close to there as I work in that area.

25. Holmes093, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Thanks for this! :)

Just waiting on SGP UK Ebay to get this so I can buy it purely for the back protector!

Edit - They Have it, ordered, now I wait!