Sgp neo hybrid ex vivid series for the iPhone 5 review

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I went to SGP corporate in LA to pick up this case today. Here are some pictures. Sorry for the terrible quality. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802124.493051.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802137.454248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802150.971322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348802160.371729.jpg

As far as the back and front protectors, they are very high quality. The front screen is very clear.

The back protector comes in 3 pieces. Top and bottom pieces are clear and the middle piece is matte finish.

EDIT:
Here's a tip for the back install. Apply the center piece first followed by the piece by the camera. Do the bottom piece last. As long as you line up the middle piece top and bottom piece will be cake.

Last edited:

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
I'm interested in this case as well. A few questions:

Is the case one piece? Or does the polycarbonate slip on over a silicone bumper?

What about fitment? Does it fight well and are the sides loose or nice and snug?

Any other comments/issues?

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I'm interested in this case as well. A few questions:

Is the case one piece? Or does the polycarbonate slip on over a silicone bumper?

What about fitment? Does it fight well and are the sides loose or nice and snug?

Any other comments/issues?

It's a 2 piece design. Inner bumper is soft silicone. Outer piece is polycarbonate.

Figment is perfect it's way better than my mono price bumper.

The buttons are also more responsive than the mono price bumper.

All the protector pieces are dry install I'm giving this case 10/10. They mentioned that they will possibly have black next week

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Makes me happy to hear its a 2 piece case, should mean no scratches! Maybe I'll get this while I wait for the Sector...

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Interested.
Was hoping that it'd be thinner though, looks pretty thick according to your photos.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Interested.
Was hoping that it'd be thinner though, looks pretty thick according to your photos.
It cant be thinner without it having the lips on the edge for the back and front. It's a perfect bumper. Showing the back while having the lips so that you can lay it on both side so it doesn't touch the screen.

IconicM

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Houston, Tx
I think I'm going to get the same one, but why wouldn't they do the back in one piece?

Chaka, does anything else come with case? Just one screen for the front?

Thanks for the pics, it looks really good.

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I think I'm going to get the same one, but why wouldn't they do the back in one piece?

Chaka, does anything else come with case? Just one screen for the front?

Thanks for the pics, it looks really good.
1 piece dry install would be impossible to put on without bubbles. The seams between the 3 parts on the back of the iPhone 5 would bubble at the seams.

Case comes with the following:
1 front
3 piece back
3 home button covers.
Bumper case itself (2 piece design)

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Damn your crazying going to the corporate office. LOL, I thought I would be one of the first ones to have my bumper case but you beat me to it. Congrats. I really like it and from the reviews of the previous version I wanted this. BTW how are the buttons, aesthetically speaking, the iP4/s version had a crease on the silicone volume part from the molding or something. I also ordered the bodygaurdz carbon fiber skin. I am going to be putting on the CF on the back w the yellow bumper and SPG glass front. Also how is the port access on the bottom and head phone jack? I know they are small but that was the biggest complaint about this product? Your picture is blurry can you take a more focused picture.

Thanks for taking the pictures

Last edited:

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Damn your crazying going to the corporate office. LOL, I thought I would be one of the first ones to have my bumper case but you beat me to it. Congrats. I really like it and from the reviews of the previous version I wanted this. BTW how are the buttons, aesthetically speaking, the iP4/s version had a crease on the silicone volume part from the molding or something. I also ordered the bodygaurdz carbon fiber skin. I am going to be putting on the CF on the back w the yellow bumper and SPG glass front. Also how is the port access on the bottom and head phone jack? I know they are small but that was the biggest complaint about this product? Your picture is blurry can you take a more focused picture.

Thanks for taking the pictures
I was in the area so I figured I might as well try to buy one on the spot. Was within walking distance of where I was.

The buttons are soft silicone rubber grey in color. They are very responsive when pressed. They have + - molded into the volume buttons.

Port access is very tight. You will have issue with none apple accessories.

I am unable to take any more pics at the moment because I don't own a camera, sorry.

IconicM

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Houston, Tx
Wet install screen shields usually don't work well with bumper cases in my experience. A lot of it has to do with how centered the invisible shield is applied.
Chaka, how accurate is the shield, does it go right to the edge of the glass on the front and bevel on the back of the case? Does the rubber inner bumper overlap the front and back shields so that it keeps the shield from lifting?

Again, thanks for all the info!!

venom600

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Chaka, how accurate is the shield, does it go right to the edge of the glass on the front and bevel on the back of the case? Does the rubber inner bumper overlap the front and back shields so that it keeps the shield from lifting?

Again, thanks for all the info!!
I love this case. I'd buy it now but it doesn't look like it will play well with the lightning to 30 pin adapter at all.

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Make or break deal for me. How big is the headphone jack hole?
Just slightly bigger than apples bumper headphone jack. I don't see 3rd party accessories fitting.

Iconicm
The shield is very accurate and high quality it will not lift so long as u center the install. It does go to the edge of the screen, but the way the bumper is designed its very easy to put on without worrying about lifting. I have no lifting issues at all.

Venom600
I don't know how we'll it works with the lightening adapter cause I don't have one.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
how was your experience at their corporate offices? you just showed up and told them what you wanted?

ChakaChaka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
how was your experience at their corporate offices? you just showed up and told them what you wanted?
I got permission from customer service to walk in and purchase when I told them I would be in the area. They are super busy right now. Almost bought a sgp glast

iamjose

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2011
I love this case. I'd buy it now but it doesn't look like it will play well with the lightning to 30 pin adapter at all.
There is always the option of getting the 30 pin adapter that has a small cable... I think that one is $39.99.

Dstopsie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
It's a 2 piece design. Inner bumper is soft silicone. Outer piece is polycarbonate.

Figment is perfect it's way better than my mono price bumper.

The buttons are also more responsive than the mono price bumper.

All the protector pieces are dry install I'm giving this case 10/10. They mentioned that they will possibly have black next week

Where are they located. I am in LA too. What's their address??

Thanks.

I found it. Am very close to there as I work in that area.

Last edited:

Holmes093

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for this! :)

Just waiting on SGP UK Ebay to get this so I can buy it purely for the back protector!

Edit - They Have it, ordered, now I wait!

Last edited: