SGP/Steinheil Ultra Fine Anti-Fingerprint (Video+Pictures)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bleighv, Aug 11, 2010.

1. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

Hello everyone, today I got the SGP Ultra Fine Anti-Fingerprint Screen Shield that I won in the Beta Giveaway on SGP's Facebook and I thought I would share with you, my thoughts on it.

Previous to this screen shield I had the SGP Anti-Fingerprint installed on my iPhone. The SGP AF was a good screen protector but, of course, the display took a hard hit because of the graininess. I was just about to go order a Crystal or Oleo SS but since I won the giveaway I thought I might as well try out the Ultra Fine.

To my surprise, I think the UF is MUCH better than the AF, when it comes to display. Yes, there is still some lack of clarity because of its "anti-glare" feature, but it's much easier to deal with than the original AF. So in my opinion, if you're a stickler for fingerprints/marks/whatever, and you love the anti-glare feel and look, the Ultra Fine would be perfect for your needs. It's the best Anti-Glare SS I've tried so far (the only one I haven't tried is PS' so hopefully someone who has one will post a comparison).

Anyways, attached are pictures comparing the AF to the UF and below is the link to a YouTube video of the unboxing/installation/first thoughts of the SGP Ultra-Fine Screen Shield. I hope you guys get something out of it haha.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3akmRLbrQ

The First two pictures (the ones with no unread messages) is the SGP Anti-Fingerprint, the last two (or the ones with 2 unread messages) is the SGP Ultra Fine.

Attached Files:

2. willski macrumors newbie

3. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

No problem willski, I hope you got something out of it :)

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Wow, that is quite an improvement over their original Anti-Fingerprint films! I too have a beta Ultra Fine coming. My husband has the PS anti-glare, so I'm curious to see how they compare. At least one review said that they were about the same.

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

After a couple hours of use it's not as bad as I thought. I still find it difficult using safari, seeing all those pixels gives the letters a 3D look to them after a while.

Your already used to the anti-finger print so I'm sure it doesn't bother you as much.

6. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

It's not really "pixels" that you are seeing. The pixels didn't change size or magically become visible. It's just distortion from the coating on the film.

7. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

ohhhhh [​IMG]

8. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Yeah I was really surprised at how much it improved.

9. skyfreedom macrumors member

Thank You OP, i have been trying to figure out what t get for my iphone since i got it the first week.

omw to order a couple! WOOT TY

10. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

brb

11. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

You're not going to be able to purchase these right now. They were given away as part of a Facebook beta like the OP said.

12. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Great review! I can't wait to get my beta sample. Where in Central CA are you from?

13. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Like maverick86 said, they're currently only in beta. Thus, they're not available for purchase atm. Hopefully they'll add them to the shop though because it's a fantastic product.

I'm near San Jose :)

Thank you everyone for your replies btw!

14. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Jason said they wouldn't be selling these do to all the complaints about clarity. Hopefully we get a new batch to test soon!

15. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

That's unfortunate, I think this is the netter of their "Anti-Fingerprint" screen shields. You never know, they might change their mind in the future :) or maybe come up with something even better.

16. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Wow, I haven't even gotten mine and they are already not going to sell it? Hopefully that means they'll have something better coming then.

17. bleighv thread starter macrumors regular

bleighv

Yeah I would hope so, this anti-glare is the best one out there so far (IMO) so if there's something better I'd be shocked but quite excited too lol.

18. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Very old thread, but I have a question.

Did the final shipping product is the same as the beta or did SGP changed it?

I have not found a single review of the final product. All the reviews are from the beta testing. I posted a thread here on MR asking if anyone has used them but got no answers.