shaggyMac/Radtech screensavrz/similar pad needed for rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doggonit, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. Doggonit macrumors regular

    Jul 11, 2012
    I was looking at the prices of these things and at my rMBP and how the screen and keyboard lie and thought:

    Is it really beneficial to get/use one of these screen protectors between the keyboard and screen? I just don't see how/when the two would even make contact. There is that rubber lip around the screen, sealing everything in when in clamshell mode anyway. What real benefit would I stand to get from this other than an overpriced screen cleaning cloth?
  2. minnus macrumors 6502

    Aug 12, 2011
    Up to you to decide if it is worth it. I have one.

    How does it touch you ask? The lid flexes when enough pressure is applied. If you have something pressing against the center of your lid, it may cause the center to flex enough to touch the keyboard.
  3. Doggonit thread starter macrumors regular

    Jul 11, 2012
    Which one do you have?
  4. uhslax24 macrumors 6502


    Jul 21, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
    I ordered this one off Amazon (prime benefits).
  5. TibookAktive macrumors member

    May 27, 2010
    I have a black RadTech screensavr for my rMBP. Not sure if it really needs it to stop it touching, but at the very least I like having a microfibre cloth to wipe the screen of finger prints etc :)
  6. Herrow macrumors regular

    Jul 24, 2008
    Have used the Shaggy for all Mac portables since '04. No problems, great protection, top resell value, peace of mind, yada yada...
    Recently got one for the MBP Retina model and it fashions a superb fit. Cheers!

Share This Page