Shall I accept the dull yellow tinted A020 display? 13inch Retina Macbook Pro 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macfreak101, Jan 5, 2015.

?

Which Screen do you have on your 13inch Retina Macbook Pro 2014?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2015.
  1. A018 probelm free

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. A018 with IR/ Tint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A020 problem free

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. A020 with IR/ Tint

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. macfreak101 macrumors regular

I have been pursuing this issue since a long time and now I'm fed up of trying.

Apple recently replaced my screen on my retina macbook pro 2014 13inch. The previous screen was A018 which was superb with bright colors and everything and it was so bright that at full brightness it would hurt my eye, the screen was perfect until the an apple authorized service center scratched because of that I was forced to change the display.

Today I went to the Apple Authorized Service Center and they had changed the display with a A020 which I think is the one with the yellow tint and retention problems. I was right as the display was so dull even at max brightness it felt so dull and washed out and it had a yellow tint too.

I did not accept the computer and told them that they must provide me with a A018 or otherwise I wont accept it. I just got off the phone with a senior apple rep and he told me apple stopped making the A018 displays so I'm stuck with this, they told me they will try calibrating it so it becomes more brighter and the yellow tint goes away but how can calibration make it brighter?

I'm so frustrated that I have to pay the price with a dull display just because a very dear apple authorized service center scratched my screen, shall I accept the A020 which is dull and less bright compared to the A018 or shall I keep pursuing them?

( I have been pursuing Apple since a month speaking with the senior team everyday for minimum 30 mins this is by far they have the worse customer service and I don't think Ill ever purchase another apple product)

Your input will be really helpful as this is this is my last attempt

And anyone with a A020 and A018 screen please share as to how your screen is?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

How do I check that number? I think mine is a bit on the not so bright side, and a little yellow-ish, but not too dramatic, and it is even and no bleeding etc.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Sell it and buy a windows machine

To be honest mate you have been on here everyday whinging about something or the other.

You have clearly not enjoyed owning your macbook at all, I personally think you are expecting far to much, for what is, when it boils down to it just a laptop the same as any other.

Your best bet now must be to just sell it, I'm sure you'll get a good price in pakistan, and just buy a different computer preferably a windows one made by someone who has a presence you can rely on in Pakistan. There are some pretty good windows laptops out there and for what you do any modern ultrabook will suit you well....

4. icsd08063, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

icsd08063 macrumors member

icsd08063

System Preferences -> Displays -> Tab "Color" -> Choose Option "Open Profile" -> Search for data "mmod"

As far as my MaBook's screen (A018), without being an expert or sth, everything is ok. I love working in medium/low screen brightness in all my monitors.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Thanks!. I have a 13'' rMBP bought either late 2013 or early 2014.
    Manufacturer: 00000610
    Display model: 0000A012

confused :)

6. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

Firstly I don't stay in Pakistan.
    Secondly if you cannot help please don't comment, this place is to help people and if you can't do the same please don't comment. I'm not whinning about anything, I'm not a psycho. It's my hard luck I have faced with several issues. Anyway coming to you from now one if it bothers you please don't comment or reply. Thanks :)

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Just some friendly advice!!

You are in India I am sorry, my memory is usually better than that.

You clearly are not happy with the machine and you live in a place where service repair and returns are nigh on impossible. You have stated at least once that you " hate it and wish you hadn't spent $1600 on it".

All this leads me to believe that the best advice I can give is to sell it and get something else. You'll not lose too much on it and you can easily get another machine that does what you need, with the money.

Maybe if you had more realistic expectations of a "lesser" manufacture you'd be more happy that way. It certainly seems to me to be your best option.

Still if you want to carry on with what is clearly a nightmare for you go ahead and keep it up I'll just sit back and keep laughing at the posts...

8. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

But the question is, if we all said yes you should accept it, would you?

9. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't accept it. I have a late 2013 15" rMBP with the same display Haven't had any (nada, nicht, zero, zilch, absolutely didly squat) problems with the display since I first bought it in April 2014.

10. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank You for your time but from now please do not comment further on any of my posts. You can laugh all you want. My issues were genuine if they weren't Apple is not stupid and they would not give me a free ipad mini as a compensation but again I don't owe you an explanation :)

----------

You said you have a 15inch rMBP but the screen I mentioned are only for the 13inch ones so how can you have the same screen?

Yes I would, that's why I'm asking for everyone's opinion

11. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

And everyone's opinion so far seems to be they don't have any screen issues and you should keep it.

12. thebro20 macrumors regular

i have the same screen as you and have no problems at all.

13. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

The Screen is dull and washed out. At maximum brightness also it feel dull and to use it you need to always crank it up to the maximum brighntess, is it the same with you?

14. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

You are clearly unhappy with your screen, and the responses you have received in this thread, so why do you persist with it and not just return it?

15. TRC-WA macrumors regular

Thank you. LOL

16. thebro20 macrumors regular

Not at all for me. But I have to agree with everyone else, you're clearly not happy so I don't see the point of getting the other opinions. If you feel you got a bad screen do something about it whether through apple or selling it and getting a different computer

17. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

I absolutely agree. I have noticed the OP's multiple posts about his various issues and clearly, the OP is dissatisfied with his laptop. He must now just sell it and then move back to getting a Windows laptop. What value would the OP get from having to poll users? If we all say YES accept it, will you (the OP) accept it? Or will you again do another poll?

18. blooperz macrumors 6502

To be honest this thread is pointless, you're obviously not happy with it so do the logical thing and try to get it replaced. Don't need a poll when common sense will suffice. Every screen is going to be different and model numbers aren't going to tell you anything, if its a bad screen its a bad screen.

19. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I looked through all of your prior posts, and I honestly have to wonder if many of your "problems" aren't self-created.

You originally "freaked out" over supposed problems a few others had had over the display coating coming off - something that you hadn't even experienced.

Then there was the nonsense on how to take care of your rMBP.

Then whether you should use a keyboard protector or not.

Then that silly issue over a replacement for the paper that Apple places between the screen and keyboard when they ship it.

Then your supposed battery problems.

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on the "problems" go. Based on what others have said in this thread, I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

FYI, my display is made by the same manufacturer (610), but a different model number (A022). I have no yellowing issues - or any other issues for that matter - period.

20. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Have any of you read this person's other threads?

Either:
    17 years old, bat crap insane and living in India. Doesn't bode too well for the future.

Or:

Master of the troll.

21. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

LOL

Just read through their other threads, and TBH, I'm surprised they risk getting out of bed every morning.

22. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought of giving a ruthless reply but in my culture we respect people inspite of the way they behave, I came here everytime I had a single doubt in search of help, the best part about the Internet being people don't tend to judge you because they don't know you but I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry for being overly concerned about my macbook pro, I guess I was a little over protective again I'm sorry about it. It's probably because of the circumstances I faced I didn't have enough money to purchase this beautiful product since the day it was in the market I knew I had to have it because the place where I went everyone did and people judged each other on the basis of materials sad story but it was true, Apple being considered premium is more of a brand than a device for use. I saved penny by penny so I could finally afford there were times I starved just to save money for this probably thays why I was so conscious that everything should be perfect. Anyway you guys can call this a troll, make a joke out of it and laugh it doesn't really matter. Because I never coming back here. Just a piece of advice never judge someone because you don't know what there story is. Thanks everyone who helped me and took their time. God bless you guys and your machines :)

23. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Promises, promises.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister