Shall i upgrade to the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natalon, Oct 7, 2012.

1. natalon macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I am new to Macrumors and i would like help with something!
    I currently have a 64gb iPhone 4s! I was on a 12 month contract which ends next month - should i upgrade to the 5? it will cost a lot - but is it worthit? thankyou!

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

There are so many threads about this.

One or two of them are right below this post.

Please pay attention.

Every iPhone 5 owner is going to tell you to upgrade. Make your own decision.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

You have a perfectly good phone. So, why upgrade, unless you simply wish to upgrade to upgrade. If so, then upgrade and you will have the latest unit. That's simply my old school conservative way of thinking.

I used my iP2g until my stock apps and banking apps were no longer supported. Then I upgraded to the iP5.

Sounds like you desire an upgrade and need a bit of a push. If the upgrade costs you next to nothing, then do it.

4. dfinecy macrumors regular

Welcome to the forums and I love your enthusiasm! :) but the 4s is a solid phone and unless you can get the 5 for a subsidized price, I'd stick with what you have.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The i5 is much better than 4S in my opinion, but the 4S is still a great phone. Only you can decide if it's worth the money. You know your budget, how much you use the device, etc.

GL

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I have no idea why you upgrade from a perfectly good iphone 4s. There just is not that much difference.

Nor do I understand why somebody would start a new thread that is pretty much that same as at least 3 or 4 that have been started in the past day asking the same thing. Is it that hard to scroll down the page and join existing discussions? After all, you are not the first person with this question.

7. dchao macrumors 6502a

If your contract ends next month and you have $199 to spare, why not? Your provider will pay $400 towards your brand new iPhone 5.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Or why not go off contract on a month by month contract and stick with your 4s. That way you are free to jump onto a 5s (or whatever they call it) next year. Personally I skip a generation so I see a significant leap in performance.