Shame on Hillary...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by redfirebird08, Feb 22, 2008.

1. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Calls for unity (BS) and then goes right back to negative crap:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4330128&page=1

The people in her campaign clearly don't give a crap about what's best for the party judging by their comments. "Wonder what the Republicans will do with this..."

Sore losers and selfish as can be. And once again they're hypocrites considering Bill Clinton's past.

2. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

let's not judge hillary by bill's mistakes
    In debate, obama likes to say "your husband said..." then Hillary says "well he's not the one standing up here is he"

3. redfirebird08 thread starter macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

If she can send him to my town and have him spend half the time talking about the 90's and how we need to go "back to that," then I think it's fair to hold her feet to the fire on his problems. She could have divorced him if she wanted to get away from any kind of political risk. She didn't. As I said, you have to take the good with the bad with Bill Clinton. If you're gonna use him to campaign for you and try to win votes for you because your personality isn't as good as his, then you're gonna have to take the heat for his mistakes because you didn't divorce him and then conveniently you start running for political office.

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Why should she divorce him just to help her political agenda? People would be all over her if she did that, too. Nothing Hillary does can ever redeem her to people who hate her no matter what, and from what you've been saying you seem like one of those people.

5. redfirebird08 thread starter macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Nope, not at all. I would have a ton of respect for her if she did divorce him. She had every right to and that has absolutely NOTHING to do with politics. It has to do with the fact that he cheated on her, lied to her, and for all we know Lewinski was not the only one he lied about. But then she brings him out on the campaign trail, uses him as an attack dog, and has him telling voters basically to vote for him rather than her, and it seems to me that it is fair to associate his political dealings with hers. Hey, doesn't everyone claim that she was the one running the show anyway? That's a compliment people always try to say about her. But she and her supporters want to have their cake and eat it too. They give her credit for the positive things in his administration, but cry foul when people point out that there were negative things too. I know because I saw Bill come here and talk for 45 minutes out of a 90 minute speech and it was all about the good times of the 90's. Talk about Hillary and what she wants to do to help America, not about yourself, Bill.

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

That's a good point. I don't really agree with the way Bill's been campaigning for her, and a lot of other people (even her supporters) feel the same way. He just seems to go too far.

But I also think it shows a lot of character that she didn't divorce him. I think it's unfair of someone to assume it was for political reasons. Could she actually *gasp* love him?

7. redfirebird08 thread starter macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

I think it was a mixture of both, otherwise she would have divorced him no question if she was really angry at him rather than mostly saddened and disappointed. But she was torn about it from what she has said on it, and rightfully so.

8. redfirebird08 thread starter macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

9. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah, wow, can't believe she actually wants to make money for her campaign...

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This one is better

[​IMG]

:D

Hillary should make one for "10,000 corporations and pacs who own this campaign"

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, and then later she goes "Don't judge me based on my husband" Followed by "My husband lowered the debt, helped the poor, etc...vote for me!"

Hillary needs to stop talking about things, and doing the opposite...

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If she's going to use her husband to campaign, then he's fair game.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Maybe Hillary should stop pimping her husband.

Oops, I'm fired aren't I? :p

14. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i dont get why everyone says its desperation? this is not desperation. this is picking up the pieces in the aftermath of a loss and getting your spuporters fired up and moving forward to victory.

was it desperation when hillary suprassed obama's fundraising last november and he launched a close the gap thing on his site?
    was it desperation all of 2007 when she was 20 points ahead and he and edwards just attacked her constantly?
    no it was politics as usual

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No because she wasn't desperate then, they were. Now she is. How else do you describe the latest tactics? They aren't working, but she really doesn't have anything left.

16. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

What victory? She has to get something like 70% of the primary vote in all of the remaining states to have a chance at winning. Why are you in denial?

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Where are you getting this math from?

18. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

CNN Delegate counts

Hillary needs ~60% of the remaining delegates to pull a lead in the pledged count, using CNN's tallys.

4049 Delegates - 796 Superdelegates - 210 FL delegates - 156 MI delegates leaves 2887 delegates, of which 2174 have been assigned which leaves 713 left.

With 142 to make up she needs to win 427.5 to his 285.5 or about 60% of the delegates to tie with pledged delegates. However she really only needs to come close, say within 50 delegates to have a case for winning via the superdelegates so to do that she'd need 56% of the remaining delegates.

Depending on how delegates are assigned the percentages of people involved is going tricky since districts can landslide one way and result in one delegate while others split 51/49 to give the one delegate making the popular vote a poor indication of how many delegates anyone wins.

Of course depending on the site you go to you get varying accounts of how many pledged delegates each candidate has. With only a few large states left she's going to have a hard time pulling in the delegates she needs as she seems to be losing ground in the polls and needs convincing victories, splitting the big states means she'll need even more decisive victories in the little ones, if they split TX evenly, she shoots up to 63% needed to tie and things only get worse if Ohio is close.

19. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

While I havent decided on either candidate, and have gone back and forth to both for various reasons, I do find it quite hypocritical for Obama to cry foul when something negative is posted about him and then turn right around and post something negative about her. all the while claiming hes on the high road and the victim.

They both look ridiculous really.

They are the same when it comes to character imo and will vote for whoever comes out on top.

Either one is still better then what the Rep's have to offer.

20. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

she's only ~150 delegates behind and there are still a few huge states left to go.
    we need to listen to EVERYONE in order to have a democracy. i dont think the good citizens of texas and ohio like to be told who their president is going to be.

21. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

And what if the citizens of TX and/or OH decide that they want Obama to be their next president? Will you encourage the superdelegates to abide by the wishes of the voters if it becomes apparent that Hillary won't get the nomination on pledged delegates?

22. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

60% doesn't sound impossible to me.

23. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Impossible? No. Improbable? At this point, yes.

24. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Teleportation doesn't sound impossible to me.... :D:rolleyes:

25. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

ya know its a very difficult and convaluted (sp?) road to victory buts its a very easy road to defeat.
    all she has to do to lose is walk off the field. that's not what hillary does when things get tough.