Shame on this dude: he only wants to date women

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 21, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

A silly joke stirred up some SJWs on the twitter machine when a contestant on the Bachelorette said he biggest date fear was finding out the chick was a dude. FOR SHAME!

"The new season of The Bachelorette begins on Monday, and as is usually the case, the skeletons are coming out of the contestant’s closets already. Earlier this week, the profiles of the men who will compete for the heart of Rachel Lindsay were posted, and it soon became clear that firefighter Bryce may want to consider his answers a bit more before answering. When asked what his biggest date fear was, he replied “that the chick is actually a dude.”"

http://uproxx.com/tv/transphobic-contestant-the-bachelorette/

2. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

And yet you're the one posting about it...

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I know right? Holy crap!

4. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Pointless thread if I ever saw one. Especially considering everything important -and bad- that's happening at the moment.

5. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

And yet you've posted twice.

6. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Three times! :D

7. A.Goldberg, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Well, if this is a transphobic comment I would also blame ABC for posting that comment of his.

Is the quote transphobic, I suppose in a bit of a hypersensitive way, but I don't think you can blame people for having sexual preferences. I guess the comment could have been worded better.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Seems like a legitimate fear for a heterosexual male to have. I don't know why that should anger anybody to hear that a heterosexual man wants to date, and possibly engage sexually with a woman. I suppose the problem is he's framed it as a "fear," as if other males are lurking about, disguised as women, hoping to lure an unsuspecting man into homosexual debauchery.

But SJW's sometimes need to take a pill and relax. And those who suffer the slings and arrows from SJW's, especially over such trivial issues, should learn to ignore the negative feedback.

9. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

It's a complete joke that ABC felt compelled to apologize for this, but not really surprising honestly. Its in line with what other companies under Disney's umbrella have done in the past.

There is no helping someone who would be offended by hearing a straight man say that he doesn't want to date a tranny.

10. smallcoffee, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Thank you for this post. I was expecting the opposite from this forum, but your level-headed response is great. Although, I think it's kind of an odd fear to have, and my impression would be that it was more so a joke.

11. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Almost happened to me once, in Philippines. Luckily the bartender warned me I was talking to a boy.
    But many guys overreact in these circumstances, trannies have been murdered, in that country, mostly by GIs, upon discovering the truth a little too late.

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

As usual, the bigger problem than what he said was the overreactive apology that followed.

13. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

The problem is, and the reason why "SJW's" get their panties riled, is because when it's found out, there's a better than average chance that the transwoman will either be physically assaulted, or murdered.

Some places still have "gay/trans panic defense" as a legitimate defense.

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

This was my concern. Trans people have been murdered over this--and the "fear" could be construed as giving credence to the idea that heterosexual men do panic and commit murder when they find out "the chick was actually a dude".

There's nothing wrong with wanting to date a cis-woman. While one can accept a trans-woman as a woman (and hence a trans-woman being called a "chick who's actually a dude" could be transphobic), people have sexual preferences and desire people with certain sexual organs. I'm bisexual but I don't know how I'd feel about dating a trans-woman. (But also note that if trans people only make up 1% of the population, it's not a particularly urgent fear).

15. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah - because guys that want to only bang actual females is somehow weird these days. Right. How dare they be so strange. Did they not get indoctrinated by their school system or college properly? How could this be?

Whats next? Women that ONLY want to have sex with actual males? The audacity.....

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2017 ---
    slow down, he actually agrees with what you just posted.

17. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

Did you even read what zen wrote? I don't think that was the point of his post at all. He said it shouldn't anger anyone to find out that a straight man wants to engage sexually with women, but that the fear that men are disguising themselves as women trying to lure unsuspecting straight men is a bit unfounded. And then he said SJWs need to chill.

I don't understand where you got "men wanting to date women is strange" and "need moar indoctrination" from that, but whatever. We read what we want to read.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Everybody needs to chill. Especially me.

I definitely get the concern voiced by skottichan that this can be used to excuse violence. Unfortunately, even though the solution is asking a simple question, most of us wouldn't dare ask it, and "are you really a woman?" probably wouldn't go over well.

19. unlinked macrumors 6502a

As things that are feared go I would have thought a 1% chance was pretty high.

20. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

21. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

I wouldn't recommend the Crocodile Dundee method, in polite society...

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

How is this even news?

Heterosexual male is only interested in dating women, the shock, the horror!