"Shame On You Barack Obama"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Feb 23, 2008.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Looks like Hillary's campaign managers have decided that the conciliatory approach that they took in Tuesday's debate wasn't moving people to her side, so they've opted for a more confrontational approach.
    Meet me in Ohio? It sounds like she wants to get in a ring and fight him. I'll say it again, the advice being given to her by her campaign staffers has been terrible. And these are the people who are supposed to be the Democrat's "A" team.

No wonder the Democrats have been so spineless and ineffective these past 10 years.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Put a mad cat in a corner and see what ya get ;)

3. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

First of all, those mailers have been around for a while. Her campaign has already complained about it. I don't see Barack whining about her nasty mailers. The funniest thing about this is she's the biggest hypocrite of all. Her campaign has been sending out similarly negative mailers and TV ads against Obama. One of them is straight up fear mongering. It says that Obama wants to leave out 15 million people in his health care plan, and asks, "Will you be one of them?" That is STRAIGHT OUT OF the Karl Rove playbook, Hillary, so you have absolutely no room to talk on this matter.

Second of all, she called for unity at the Texas debate. Yet the very next morning, her people are putting forth nonsense crap trying to insinuate that Barack was associated with terrorists. Say one thing in the debate, yet turn around with negative junk the very next day. Yeah, Hillary, you know quite a bit about two-face actions so quit pretending you're innocent.

And the plagiarism issue. That is one of the most serious charges you can make, yet you turned around and lifted language and ideas from Bill Clinton and John Edwards in the very same debate that you accused Barack of plagiarism. Way to go, hypocrite.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Shame on Hillary for being such a hypocrite.

Oh, and a flip-flopper for her position on NAFTA.

from CNN:
    "Sen. Obama knows it is not true that my plan forces people to buy insurance even if they can't afford it," she said.

Her plan has the power to garnish peoples wages if they don't pay for it.

The NAFTA mailer says Clinton was a "champion" for NAFTA while first lady, but now opposes it. NAFTA was negotiated by the first President Bush and signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

lol, I love how she changes her position on something just so it fits her current agenda. She did the same thing with her position on the Iraq war.

5. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Shame on Hillary for blatantly lying about Barack's position on abortion in New Hamsphire. No wonder she won with women in such a big way. It completely divided the women in the state and Obama supporters in the state were so outraged by it that they have vowed not to vote for Clinton if she is the nominee. Some of her supporters have admitted that it was wrong, divisive, and misleading.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/18/trying_to_heal_a_rift_in_new_h_1.html

6. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

the healthcare claims are not true. her plan does not force people to buy health coverage if you cant afford it. it exemps you and gives you basic coverage

if you want to see the acutal mailers you can go to the hillaryclinton.com newsroom
    so it begins
    i assure you this is the start of hillary's comeback

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, I'd say it's the beginning of the end of her campaign

8. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

no she fired that guy who sent that obama terrorist email around. she's not running that kind of campaign , barack is
    she didn't take an entire passage word for word from either of them not that i care about where he gets his words from
    but then again obama has nothing but words to campaign on so they better be his!

9. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

the clintons will see no end anytime soon. that's what they said when health care flopped
    that's what they said when the lewinksi thing came out.
    according to pundits its always the beginning of the end for the clintons and they always bounce back
    there are 10 days left watch her snatch texas out from under his ass

10. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Then what is this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4330128&page=1

From the day after the debate.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

take your blinders off. everyone thinks hillary is running the more negative campaign. over 50% of the people in wisconsin exit polls said hillary was negative/unfair, to only like 25% for obama

oh really? http://youtube.com/watch?v=rEOjttmqIrc

congratulations, you just proved yourself to be an uninformed and biased sheep.

12. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

You do realize that she sent out negative, misleading mailers on his health care plan, don't you?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Clinton_keeps_up_healthcare_attack.html

Look at the mailer yourself:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/-/HQpress/021708 HRC WI mailer.pdf

13. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Stevento, how old are you? You seem to have little knowledge of the many scandals that Bill and Hillary were involved in since he was elected Governor of AR, nor do you appear to have understanding to the nuances of Presidential politics. You come on here, spout talking points directly from the Clinton campaign, make ridiculous statements, and then ignore any post that challenges you.

14. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So Hillary knew about these flyers for months yet waits till after the debate to make it an issue.

16. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Yes. Her campaign staffers/managers held a conference call like 3 or 4 weeks ago to complain about it.

17. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

See here's the problem -- Hillary is supposed to be this battle-hardened warrior who has taken everything the Republicans can throw at her, kitchen sink included, and she's the one able to come out standing and fight back.

Yet when this kind of run-of-the-mill political attack comes out, she lashes out in a manner that suggests that her team isn't capable of withstanding even the mildest of onslaughts.

If she truly was the fire-tested public figure she claims to be, this attack should have been, pardon the pun, bush league stuff to her.

It appears to me that she has been advised simply to go after Obama hard in these next two weeks, and that in the absence of anything significant to pound on him with, she's left resorting to charges of plagerism and whining about an unfair attack.

I don't see those avenues of attack moving the numbers much.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It seems like she is on a rampage now, who thinks she might snap if she loses.

19. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

There are many persistent rumors from a lot of Clinton camp insiders that Senator Hillary Clinton goes on temper trantrums every now and then. I'm not looking forward to what happens if she doesn't do well in Ohio and Texas. :eek:

20. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

and also i'd like to raise the point that she has not had the $$$ to campaign is all these states that obama has been winning and she still getting 30%-45% of the votes there.
    now she has the resources again and she will do it big before the March 4 showdown

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If we are lucky she will drop out, and give Obama more time to campaign against McCain.

22. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

on march 4 (and jan 20 2009) i'm going to post the news stories of hillary's giant comeback and then go back and quote all you naysayers!!!

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

This is not rumor. She has done this for years.

When her husband was president, she used to make him cringe at times.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

She's pulling those numbers purely on name recognition. Before people knew about Obama, she was polling at least 60% in like every state. She's continuously dropping points, and it's not because she doesn't have the money. It's because people are finding out about Obama, and realize that he's a much better option.

She WAS supposed to have this locked up by Super Tuesday. But now she has to pull 70% in all of the remaining states, which is going to be practically impossible. In fact, it's far more likely that Obama will keep getting his 20% victories in the upcoming contests. If he does this, she's effectively out of the race.

what are you, 12 years old?

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

And if she doesn't end up coming back then what will you do?