Share internet from MacBook (using ethernet) to iPhone (over wifi) with a password?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasterHowl, Jan 26, 2012.

1. MasterHowl, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Hello everyone,

I'm a student and I use my MacBook Pro in my room at university connected to the internet using an ethernet cable.

I have an iPhone (4S) and would like to share the connection to it, so I don't run up my 3G data allowance whilst sat in my room.

I've managed to share in internet connection, but not with a password. Here's my system prefs:

[​IMG]

I just don't see an option for passwording, or maybe I'm doing the whole thing wrong. I just need to password it because I don't want other people in my building stealing my internet!

Thank you.

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

first uncheck the internet sharing and then just click on wifi options and then select the password u wana put there!! and then check the internet sharing again and u r done!

3. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Thank you so much :)

Can't believe I managed to miss that!

EDIT: My iPhone's not connecting now... the little circle in the wi-fi options is just going round and round next to my MacBook's name. Have I done something else wrong now?

4. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

ur welcome!! restart ur mac! and try restarting ur iPhone and forgetting the network:)