Share iPhone Wi-Fi connection with iPad (via BT)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccbrandy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ccbrandy macrumors newbie

Hi,

I wasn't able to find a thread that answers this question. I'm sorry if it was posted already.

I just moved in a new apartment, the WiFi signal is crappy but usable. However the problem is that my Macbook Pro and my iPhone 5 can pick up the signal whereas my 2nd gen iPad (wi-fi only) can not.

The question now arises, whether I can share my wifi connection on my iPhone with my iPad. I guess this could only work through bluetooth as the the wifi antenna can only do one task at once.

Anyway would be great to get help on this topic.

Cydia alternatives to MyWi (dont want to shell out 20 Dollars just yet) welcome as well.

Thanks ,
    ccbrandy

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Don't have an answer but since WIFI and BT share the same radio bands 2.4 GHZ I think ur idea maybe a non-starter.

Knowing your WIFI usage of bands and whether 5 GHZ is available may answer some of the mystery.

3. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Don't think that will factor otherwise from your thinking people wouldn't be able to use a bluetooth mouse whilst on wifi.

Back to OP though, I don't know of a way you can do this and searching for it will be tricky as most results will likely be tethering the iPad by bluetooth to an iPhone

4. Ste Nova macrumors 6502