Share Reminders Between Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Oct 15, 2012.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

So I thought there was a way to share reminders between phones, but apparently there is not.

On my desktop, if I click the Reminders App it allows me to invite my wife to share the list, but nothing comes up on her phone or my phone.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No.

Not yet. Perhaps with 6.0.1

3. jmxp69 macrumors 6502

There is a $1.99 app called Our To Do List that worked well for me for a while. I fixed it by adding a Caldav account on my Mac Mini server, then adding the shard account on each phone. This method works great! Unforeseen consequence though: HoneyDo lists have never been easier for her to make and worse, enforce... :eek:

4. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I actually figured it out. If you don't have a Mac, you can do it with iCloud. That is what I had to do to set it up with my wifes phones.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Right, but not on an ios device.

6. QuasarZ macrumors member

Well there must have been a glitch in mine then. I was being sneaky and set a little note to my wife to go off during her drive to work. At the time I set it for it popped up on mine too and woke me up. We share calendars if that matters. I know someone will ask so yes, it was the reminder app not calendar.

7. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

It sure does, I tested it tonight with my wifes phone.

8. richpuer macrumors 6502

Yea I've debated this in my head for a while now. Somehow i always come to the conclusion that my list will be far longer than hers. And basically the option to use the I forgot excuse is off the table.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Please show me how I can create a reminder in my iPhone and share it.

10. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

If you want a step by step detail of how to do it, I have it spelled out with photos on my blog at http://stupidlittleblog.com

If you use a mac, just click the share button next to the list name you want to share. Put in the persons e-mail you want to share it with and they will get an e-mail to their iCloud account. They must accept it to work.

If you are not on a mac, then just go to iCloud.com and click on Reminders. You can do the same thing from there.

Any questions, let me know.

11. QuasarZ macrumors member

I had to do none of the above. I wrote something on my wife's reminder, and it showed up on mine. I didn't even know it was possible and didn't try for it to happen. Maybe I selected and option somewhere I have no idea about.

12. dlk710, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012

dlk710 macrumors newbie

Going to iCloud.com on ios device brings up mobile page. This page down not allow access to web based portal. You can’t even login. I went to site on chrome for ios, used “request desktop site feature, and logged in.

However, it’s very unresponsive, and the list of reminders list (which is very unresponsive) doesn't have the invite to share icon. Anyone not experience this? Anyone have a solution?

Btw, I have Mac desktop, I'm just very forgetful. Thank god for reminders. Now I need one to remind me to share reminder list when I'm at my desktop.. But no joke, that should be an option. (Remind when I begin using specific iCloud enabled device