Shared Photostream on 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FSMBP, Sep 26, 2012.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Originally, Apple didn't include "Shared Photostreams" on the 3GS but added it back during the iOS 6 Betas. However, I cannot make a shared Photostream on my 3GS.

I was under the impression that all I do is this: go to Photos, press Edit, then tap on the pictures I want to share, then tap Share, and finally go to "Share Photostream" or something.

Any one have any idea what's going on?
    Thanks in advance.

2. pk7 macrumors 6502

Forgive me if you've already tried this, but have you gone to Photos->Photo Stream tab-> the + button on the upper left corner?

3. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I don't have that option (see pic)! I tried restarting my iPhone but that didn't change anything. Do you have a 3GS yourself to confirm that option is there by chance?

Attached Files:

4. pk7 macrumors 6502

That's very odd. It looks like this on my 4S when I open photos and just tap the Photo Stream tab on the bottom.

My 3GS is sitting in my bedside drawer back home as a backup phone. If nobody has found a solution by then, I'll let you know ASAP after I get home this weekend. Sorry I don't have it with me currently! Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thanks for the reply. There's no need to check your 3GS; I'll be getting my iPhone 5 here soon and was just testing out all the new features in iOS 6 on my 3GS for fun.

Thanks though!

6. pk7 macrumors 6502

My pleasure. I'm curious to check myself though so it's no worries :p but enjoy your new iPhone 5!