Sharing music on iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inmem58, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Inmem58 macrumors member

I heard if I'm on the same cloud as somebody else, I can somehow receive their music that they downloaded to my iPod? Is this true, if so how do I get on the same cloud

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You'd lose your own music, since you'd have to log in to a different account, you'd lose it all again, when you logged back into your own.

3. mstrze macrumors 68000

As long as both of you are in the same account...i.e. log in with the same Apple ID, any and all computers/iPods/iPads/iPhones/AppleTVs...etc will immediately have access to a song purchased on any of the other devices.

My wife and I share the same account and I can attest it works.

So to answer your specific question: Log in to iTunes with that person's AppleID and you would have access to all of that account's music.

But verwon is correct. You would lose access to all of your current music.

This also sounds like you just want to share music from/with friends and that is NOT what this was designed for. It is designed to allow all of your equipment to be able to essentially be synced and be able to access the same files, regardless of what device you are using. In this respect, it works amazingly well. :)

4. sjdigital macrumors regular

But if you manually sync your initial choice of music, then these stay on your iPhone even if you connect to your, or someone else's, iTunes Match, despite what it says when you switch on iTunes Match. I find that particularly useful as it means I can always have my favourite albums on my iPhone but if I fancy something different I can simply switch on Match and download it.