Sharing my 6GB of data on Rogers in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ArchXyrho, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ArchXyrho macrumors member

I'm using Rogers here in Canada and I got the $30 6GB data plan for my iPhone 4 and I was wondering is there a way I can share this data with my iPad. I don't mind paying a little extra for an option like this.

My current option is using MyWi 4.0 on my iPhone and I've been connecting my 3G iPad to it...but I do find this feature drains my battery on my iPhone.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The second jailbreak option is to use itether on your iPad, but obviously your iPad has to be jailbroken not necessarily the iPhone. Keep in mind though doing itether uses Bluetooth, so download speeds are king to be slower than using mywi.

I work for Rogers, and there are data sharing options that do exactly what you want for like 15 bucks more, but the 6gb plan is not included with the data sharing option. So unless you keep using mywi or do the itether way, there isn't an option to share it normally.

I wish there was a way though. I want to be able to share my 6gb plan too.

3. ArchXyrho thread starter macrumors member

I don't want to give up on the 6GB data plan because i gave it up last year and i really wanted it back and when the iPhone 4 got release here in Canada. Im very glad that Rogers brought it back and i told myself i would not make the same mistake twice.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Oh I definitely agree with you, I would never get rid of that plan. I do however wish they did offer the sharing option for people with this plan.

5. ArchXyrho thread starter macrumors member

They did for $20 on top of the $30 6GB data plan. But i missed out and i'm very pissed at myself missing out of option. Is not like is cheat or something, is just that is an "option" better then nothing. But now i don't even HAVE that option so thats just kinda sucks.

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah they had that as a promotion while the 6GB plan was available. They should still have that option available, but oh well.