Sharing photos with friends

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DDarkSSide, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DDarkSSide macrumors newbie

Hi all,

As with most of you I've a group of friends with all sorts of smartphones from iPhones to androids. When we are together normally we use my iPhone 5 to take pictures because they are the best ones. The problem comes when they ask me to share the pictures with them and I've to say that it's not possible, only by email or other sort of thing. Not everyone has great data plans for their phones so the best solution would be sharing directly by bluetooth (which is not supported) or wifi (which air drop will be able to do, however only between last generation apple produts). So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to share photos with android phones without using data plans?

2) Which is best way to share photos with a group of friends making them available on-line (ex. dropbox, gdrive, or other service)? I know that are a lot of options and thats why I'm asking this to MacRumors community so I can choose one.

P.S. I'm not interested in social network sharing solutions. Only sharing pictures in full quality to the people I choose to.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards

2. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I don't believe that MMS uses your data plan.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I mean, do they need them immediately? If so, MMS doesn't need data, just for them to all have it enabled on their phones.

4. DDarkSSide thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i know about MMS, I forgot to mention it because we pay for MMS, 3 to 4 times more than a SMS. In Europe (Portugal) we pay for everything so MMS is not a the solution and also it does reduce the image quality, as far as i know.

Thanks for the replies