Sharp Monitor Won't Connect To Mb Pro No Answer Anywhere On Www!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JamesD0e, Sep 8, 2009.

1. JamesD0e macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have searched for 3 days until every link in google, yahoo, lycos, and others have been marked as "previously viewed". No answers found. Anyway, I have a Sharp LC32DV24U Monitor and a Macbook Pro connected via DVG->VGA Dongle to the VGA input on the Sharp. The computer recognizes the displays presence and the monitors are set to "mirror". The input on the television is indeed input 4 as it should be. I have checked every resolution on the MB and to no avail. However, strangeness ensues... I hooked it up my first night here at school and the picture was just black on the tv. Unfortunately, I do not remember the res it was set at on the cpu when I gave up and just started checking around the web. about 5 minutes later, it all showed up on the Sharp perfectly. I had to rearrange my room, so I took everything apart the next day and reassembled it with the same signal flow and same outlets, although they had been disconnected from the outlets for a bit. This is when I started seriously searching. I tried every resolution and nothing. I unplugged the tv for a bit, back in, nothing. Turned on tv first then cpu and vice versa, nothing. I left the tv and cpu on several times for a few hours, on different resolutions, in order to see if it just needed time, and still nothing. I've read that perhaps the Sharp is refusing to display because the res of the computer is different from that of the display, even by just a little bit. I've tried the custom resolution programs, but I don't really want to spend money on this, as I know that it will work without it. I have the Sharp Remote coming in the mail this week, so I will be able to access the menu of the tv. For some reason, I cannot find the manual online, only similar models. Please help me I am burning my brain in my skull.

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

That is weird that it would work and then stop. Does your Sharp have any other sort of input options (HDMI, DVI)?

3. JamesD0e thread starter macrumors newbie

it does have hdmi, however I don't want to go out and buy one just yet because I am short on cash and they run like 30 or $40. so. I'm still trying, but man I'm really getting drained of my will to continue. it's taking so much time, you know? It's weird I cannot find any real hard info anywhere! any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

4. JamesD0e thread starter macrumors newbie

soooo.....nobody knows? come on please guys this forum has some of the most well versed minds on the subject of mac problems. no one has any ideas?

5. milk242 macrumors 6502a

6. JamesD0e thread starter macrumors newbie

milk242 Any option to change refresh rate frequency?

yes, but only the ones that they give me. 60, 65, 70, 72, 75, 80,.... but not all resolution settings have the same refresh rates as the others...

7. JamesD0e thread starter macrumors newbie

I also figured that i would mention that i got the remote control for the tv and it did nothing to benefit the situation. Nobody has ever experienced anything like this?

8. JamesD0e thread starter macrumors newbie

just bought a new dongle and vga cable. no luck. anyone? no? This is whack.