She blamed islamophobia, then her husband was arrested for smuggling weapons to terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SteveJobzniak, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SteveJobzniak, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017

SteveJobzniak macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

You may remember this one... because it was everywhere in mainstream sob-story media... well, there has been a sliiiiight update which you aren't hearing from the liberal looney MSM.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267...nd-was-daniel-greenfield#.WYlVaSfzuVZ.twitter

SHE BLAMED ISLAMOPHOBIA, THEN HER HUSBAND WAS ARRESTED FOR WEAPONS SMUGGLING TO TERRORISTS
    Another Media Islamophobia victim’s story falls apart.
    August 8, 2017

wrt.jpg

In April, the Los Angeles Times ran an op-ed complaining that Muslims were being singled out in airports. “Does the 4th Amendment apply to Muslim citizens at LAX?” Lubana Adi, its author, fumed.

Adi, a Syrian, told a sob story about visiting her “aged mother” and two brothers who were refugees in Turkey. Then airport security “groped” under her Hijab and demanded that she empty her purse. They wanted to know why she had visited a border city and where all the money she was carrying had gone.

“President Trump’s new security regime wastes yet more of our time and our taxpayer money and shows outright scorn for the spirit of the 4th Amendment,” Adi complained.

The Los Angeles Times felt that the story was so important that it needed to be referenced in future pieces as an example of the abuses that Muslims face in this country.

It was a shocking Islamophobic outrage. But now the Times is telling another story.

This one mentions that a business owner by the name of Rashid Jijakli had been indicted for smuggling military equipment to Jihadis in Syria. Jijakli had smuggled the equipment to Syria through Turkey.

What it neglects to mention is that Rashid Jijakli’s wife is Lubana Adi. But Adi mentioned that in her own op-ed. “I had later met and married a Syrian-American U.S. citizen, Rashid Jijakli.” The registry for the Palmyra Corporation, the check cashing business which Jijakli had used to fund the smuggling, lists his address as a home in Walnut, California that appears to be owned by him and Lubana Adi whose past media and social media mentions place her in the same locale.

This evidence would suggest that the Los Angeles Times ran an op-ed blaming Islamophobia for being subjected to extra scrutiny on a trip back from Turkey by the wife of a man who had smuggled illegal items to Islamic fighters through Turkey.

Rather than being singled out due to “Islamophobia”, the more likely explanation is that her husband was already on the radar of the authorities.

According to the indictment, the smuggling scheme began in 2012.

Rashid Jijakli aided in the smuggling of assorted military equipment, including rifle sights, night vision scopes and other materials. He crossed over into Syria, personally smuggled some of the equipment and may have even participated in the fighting. In one communication he complains that his trip to Syria hadn’t been much fun because he was unable to “join with (sic) some action.” In another, he tells an unindicted coconspirator that a “Russian weapon” would be available for him.

It’s unknown which specific group of fighters Jijakli was aiding. But Lubana Adi’s Facebook page includes an enthusiastic endorsement of a Syrian American Council event with Sheikh Saria Rifai. The Sheikh and his brother Osama head up the Syrian Islamic Scholars Association. They fled Syria for Saudi Arabia after Assad Sr. defeated the Muslim Brotherhood in the eighties. Their father had been a prominent Muslim Brotherhood member. Osama played a major role in the Brotherhood's League of the Syrian Ulema which dominated the Syrian Islamic Council.

“Don't miss out this event,” Lubana Adi had written. “Come and support, I am here& there to help.”

Adi promoted another event featuring Sheikh Karim Rajeh, chair of the Syrian Association of Islamic Scholars, and an ally of the Rifais. She frequently shared other Syrian Islamic Council events.

The Syrian American Council is interlinked with Muslim Brotherhood front groups such as CAIR.

Mohammed Alla Ghanem, the government relations director for SAC, had praised Qaradawi, the Brotherhood figure who had called for the murder of American soldiers and Jews. The Syrian Jihadists whom Ghanem had defended included the Syrian branch of Al Qaeda and Ahrar al-Sham: a Jihadist group that had massacred Christians.

A member of SAC’s leadership council was just caught preaching the murder of Jews. The SAC had sponsored a tour for another Sheikh who had called for the extermination of the Jews.

It is highly likely that whatever group Rashid Jijakli supported was Islamist. And linked to the Brotherhood. If not worse.

“Like any loyal citizen, I want my country protected from any and all terrorist threats. But such ‘unreasonable searches’ are a waste of taxpayer money,” Adi had written.

But it was all a matter of how you define “terrorist”.

Lubana Adi has made regular appearances in the media. She could be seen at a vigil against Islamophobia and a protest against China. The Los Angeles Times had sympathetically profiled her participation in an MPAC rally against America and Israel.

As American soldiers were battling Islamic terrorists in Iraq and Israeli soldiers were being killed by Hamas, Adi was quoted as declaring that she had come to "support the Iraqis and Palestinians who are dying there.”

MPAC is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. Maher Hathout, whom the Times article claimed was there to pray for peace, was a Muslim Brotherhood member who had defended Islamic terrorists.

But the media, as usual, is curiously uncurious about such things. And the lies continue.

Did Lubana Adi know what was going on? The indictment contains an extended list of unindicted coconspirators. And Adi spent most of her time on social media fulminating over the religious war between Sunnis and Shiites in her homeland. If she knew, then whether or not she actively participated in the smuggling, she had a very good idea of exactly why she had been singled out for screening.

If so, she chose to write an angry op-ed to intimidate the authorities while misleading the paper.

But don’t expect the Los Angeles Times to be upset or offended that it may have been used as cover in a military equipment smuggling scheme to terrorists. The media has no ethics, dignity or patriotism left.

Lubana Adi’s original claim that she was the victim of Islamophobia will continue circulating. The likelihood of the media linking its original viral story to Rashid Jijakli is minimal. That would undermine its narrative that law enforcement is motivated by an unjustified hatred for Muslims rather than acting based on a fully justified effort to protect our country and other countries from Islamic terrorists. And to end the financial pipeline from Islamic settlers in America to Islamic Jihadis abroad.

Islamophobia has become a universal solvent. Everyone from Imran Awan, the Pakistani hacker at the center of the House Dem scandal to the wife of a military equipment smuggler, blame Islamophobia.

“Is America safer when agents spend hours interrogating an American citizen with no criminal record or terrorist associations?” Adi asked. As she ended up demonstrating, the answer is undeniably yes.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Hmm where have we heard something like this before?

“I wanted to pray in the open, but I was scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen. But, I don’t blame them. It’s the media that put that picture in their heads so they’re just going to have it and it, it’s going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on God. I went over to the corner and just prayed.”

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

Muzzies gonna muzz.

To be clear I don't think that cases like this justify singling out Muslims, but it is ironic when those who cry loudest about discrimination turn out to have something to hide.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

That's been doing
    Going on for like forever. We just need to look at politicians. More quality human behavior.

5. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Since you're talking about the looney media, how's that Seth Rich story going over at Fox News?

6. SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

Good question. Something very weird is going on with the Seth Rich story.

Twice Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative liberal journalist and author Seymour Hersh, the man who exposed the government coverup of the My Lai massacre, was secretly taped by Butowsky in an off-the-record conversation which recently leaked. Listen to the six minute audio tape:

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/...ation-for-his-seth-rich-comments-f9b2756123d3

7. SteveJobzniak, Aug 8, 2017

SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

I wonder if PSRI would have also pretended like this thread doesn't exist if this thread was anti-Trump instead of poking holes in yet another fake liberal sob story (just like the other silenced news at http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/) ? As usual, the gullible feelings-before-facts liberals love spreading the initial, emotionally manipulative fake news hoaxes, but never the followups when the lies are exposed. That's when they always stick their heads in the sand and either hide or deflect.

I'm 100% sure that Lubana "Terrorist Wife" Adi will continue to be championed as a "horrific victim of rampant Islamophobia" rather than what she really is; the wife of a terrorist as part of a couple who has been on watchlists for years and was searched due to (correct) suspicions of aiding terrorists, while returning from a terrorist hotspot (a known smuggler border-city) without having any of the large sum of money she had brought to the city.

Law enforcement was doing a great job protecting lives by discovering and keeping an eye on these terrorist sympathizers (and the weapon-smuggling husband even lamented that he can't personally join the combat).

But sure, "evil Islamophobia" is a better headline for selling leftard newspapers to gullible readers. And the cycle goes on... "Hey guys, did you hear the rumor that Trump ate two scoops of ice cream?! Literally Hitler! More news at 9: How Trump is a big meanie who hurts my feelings! Oh and by the way, let's never forget the sad story of Islamophobia victim, Lubana Adi, yet another scumbag who we'll still continue to parade around to manipulate our gullible audience. Gosh, our dumb viewers make it so easy to make money!".

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I got it, the islamaphobia turned them into terrorists and that's when he became an arms dealer.

9. SteveJobzniak, Aug 8, 2017

SteveJobzniak

You joke (and the smuggling began in 2012), but that's actually a common leftard talking point. "Don't offend them by checking if they are terrorists or they'll get offended and completely rationally and logically turn into terrorists, just like any other sane and peaceful human being who gets mildly inconvenienced."

10. SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

If this was anti-Trump, it would be 10 pages long by now. Funny how that goes. ;)

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Sadly, stuff like this happens. As a Jewish person I've read plenty of articles on Self-inflicted hate crimes and have seen plenty examples of crying "antisemitism" to deflect criticism.

But events like this don't excuse real Islamaphobia.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

But no-one actually knows whether she knew what her husband was up to, and have no evidence to suggest she did?

13. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

The interesting thing is that the main stream media appears to be the face and voice of the democrat party.

14. SteveJobzniak, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

SteveJobzniak

"Appears to be?" - they are an arm of the Democrat Party. Wikileaks revealed their mainstream fake-news selves fawning to Hillary's camp privately, and doing everything they could to get her elected and to cover up her health problems and corruption. Just like when they constant fawn over the corrupt Obama, the worst modern-day president. Or their fawning about Bill Clinton, who stuck a cigar up an intern's vagina in the Oval Office. Which I hear is very presidential.

And just watch these new revelations about how mainstream media intentionally covered up the Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting as soon as they heard about it:

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/clinton-lynch-tarmac-meeting-details-151602832.html

Who wants to guess whether the corrupt meeting would also have been covered up by the liberal looney MSM if it was Mueller secretly meeting today with Donald Trump Jr on a tarmac to discuss the investigation of Trump?

PS: It is worth clicking "View comments" on that article. It's amazing what happens when you get out of liberal echo chambers like Reddit, corrupt liberal MSM pissrags, and MacRumors PRSI.

15. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

lol... Did you really think you'd pull one over on me? Did you really think by using his alleged position of authority that I would automatically believe whatever this person had to say? lol... You must mistake me with one of your simpleton, mindless, ditto head, right wing nut job friends, family, and frenemies.

16. SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

"Alleged" position of authority? Seymour Hersh is a twice pulitzer prize-winning investigative journalist who has been a successful reporter for over 50 years and broke one of the biggest government scandals of all time. He is liberal and constantly criticizes conservatives. Throughout the decades he has developed connections with high ranking sources in law enforcement.

It's worth checking why Seymour Hersh is suddenly saying what he's saying on that tape. Where did he get the information from? Why is he saying it? And why throw his career and legacy on the line by saying what he said if it was all "just some random, rambling lie"?

I can answer that. He isn't throwing his career on the line, because he thought the entire conversation was off-the-record, and he has been totally silent since it leaked and is just hoping that nobody is going to ask him any questions about his statements. And so far it's working, because the liberal looney MSM is doing a great job of doing no investigative reporting whatsoever.

This situation is very strange. In which other murder case would potential murder victim leads get completely ignored?

Everyone should listen to the tape, because right now there's been zero explanation for why he said what he said on the tape: https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/...ation-for-his-seth-rich-comments-f9b2756123d3

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I didn't hear about this story the first time around so it's all new to me.

Maybe if there was less islamophobia in general, charlatans like this woman's husband would be easier to spot in the first place? The undertones of this thread pointing fingers seem to be a little ironic to that though lol.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

If it is anti Muslim it would be 3 times longer usually but since she did not shoot someone or blow them up.

19. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You're elevating this person to a position of authority, not me. Let me explain in Trumpian terms: just because someone says something it doesn't make it true. Can you honestly say you believe everything that spews out of Trump's lying mouth even though he is POTUS?

20. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

stylinexpat

Sadly there are Muslims with mental issues and Jews with mental issues. Unfortunately there are many people out there with issues

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What's a "leftward" in this context?

Exactly. If their excuse could be eradicated then they (and similar people) cannot use it any more. That seems like the easiest way to combat this - but then again I try not to be racist as default.

Being a 3rd generation immigrant I remember hearing stories at the club other immigrants would go to, some of them in the 50's and 60's were so put upon that they snapped. It's funny in seeing those who believe that attitude and process doesn't exist are almost never a minority themselves.

That process primes them for brainwashing. And unfortunately that leads to horrible results.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2017 ---
    There was an Indian chap at my school years ago that had mental issues, he used to frequently make threats against people but nobody believed he'd ever go through with it. AFAIK he never did, but it's terribly sad what severe mental illness can do to people.

And a (non blood related, thankfully) relative with Huntingtons went from being sweet and friendly to aggressive because of his condition. Mental illness and violence are a bad combination.