she got called a coon.............

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 25, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Funny how everyone wants to tell BLM what to do. As a black man, I'm happy enough that any group that focuses on black issues has such a large voice, cause there is very few that have a voice outside the black community.

Yes, she made some good points. But those points are not necessarily black only issues. Crime, drug abuse, bad parenting, school dropouts, and etc is rampant among white, hispanic, and other ethnic groups too.

What she failed at is what most critics fail at, which is mentioning the fact that BLM was formed as an activist group to shed light on the abuse and targeting from police towards blacks, and how the justice system does little to nothing about it.

2. darksithpro macrumors regular

The question you need to ask yourself is who is actually looking after your interests and not just preaching to the choir. Did you ever consider the possibility the black community is being used as pawns to get their votes?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-black-lives-matter-memo_us_57c6f80de4b078581f1072ca

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Nobody is for any of our interest 100%. And reading that memo, I honestly don't blame the DNC for doing that. BLM made it a point to interrupt the campaigns of both sides to make their voice heard. Of course campaigns will resist in their own way.

4. darksithpro macrumors regular

Well... Just ask yourself this question. In all the crime laden districts and cities, where black on black crime persists, what political party is in control of those districts and cities? In all the time the Democrats have had control of those districts has the circumstances changed for black families? Have the black community been able to advance and get themselves out of poverty?

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Actually yes. In many Dem and Rep controlled districts and cities, there are many black neighborhood that were once crime ridden, and have become a much better place. And I'm speaking on the ones that haven't been gentrified. Whether it's the people themselves or the politicians that should take credit, that's a whole other topic dependent on specific areas.

One thing I know is, the media and politicians love to take the worst examples and influence a generalization of all black neighborhoods. Chicago for example.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Urban areas are universally democratic.

7. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Cities are affected by state and federal law, too. From mandatory minimum sentencing to Medicaid to the economy to the fallout from the subprime mortgage crisis, not every problem faced by people in inner cities can be blamed on mayors and councils.

8. daflake macrumors 6502a

I have often said that BLM has missed the mark when they are protesting. Their message is mixed and the people they are protesting for usually have a criminal background and/or are doing the wrong thing. I thought she nailed it...

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

People with a criminal background don't deserve to be shot.

10. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

BLM started because they didn't like the outcome of the Trevon Martin trial.

It quickly evolved into including law enforcement. Why their scope does not include Black on Black crime like Chicago escapes me.

11. daflake macrumors 6502a

Neither do police officers, what is your point?

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Police officers don't get shot very much.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how many need to be shot???
    https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016
    last year 63 died, can't find statistics about how many got shot at.

14. JMacHack macrumors 6502

Coming from a rural area, I can confirm this, and with the current heroin epidemic it's only getting worse.

This isn't a partisan issue either, Democrats have total control of urban areas, Republicans rural, neither of which the situation is improving for.

I don't know where to stand on this issue either, I would like to see more programs to help people, but the people in need of help aren't really seeking it either. The core problem is cultural on both ends, and unfortunately that's the only place I think the solution is going to come from. It's not going to end until enough people say "Whoa, we've gotta shape up", and start taking responsibility for their actions. Fat chance I know.

15. daflake macrumors 6502a

Actually they do, they just aren't deemed news worthy but okay...

I have no sympathy for people who fight back against the police and have bad things happen to them. Don't want to get shot, don't be an idiot and do what they ask. Don't like the way they treated you? Sue... at least you will be alive.

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The ones with criminal backgrounds in Chicago disagree with you.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that depends on what they are doing when they get shot...........

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

When they are white when they are shooting at the police they get bought in alive.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that's a big mistake as it cost money to incarcerate them...............

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you want to tackle black on black crime the black community needs to respect the police.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no, they need to respect EACH OTHER. listening to cRAP might make that harder when they mostly rap about shooting other "N's" and women are all sluts/bitches blah blah blah blah.

23. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Conscious rap (like KRS-One) doesn't sell in the main demographic that keeps rappers rapping 'bout dat life': young whites.

This ten year old video (long) does try to help highlight some of what you are talking about.